Rule machine - as per the app developer, this app is no longer available for new installs, distribution, or support

Totally with you…Very disappointed, looks like hub scheduling is more broken for me now…I didn’t have that many problem since I had it as I did today…

1. My ST is set to Arm away and Arm Stay…based on the routines from 2 of phone’s presence sensor. Aeon Alarm is connected that sets off in case of intrusion only in Arm Away mode. Today, the system correctly change the mode from Away to Stay but alarm still went off, surprisingly it went off when system had already been switched to Stay mode. Scared hell out of me, I was at work and it was my wife who entered into the garage with my kid. She thought someone may have broken into our house and called me, I checked the logs and told her to enter safely.

2. I have a Rule that Auto close the garage door when no motion is detected from 2 of the motion sensors in the garage…with 3 minutes of Delay. Motion sensors are Enerwave sensors in test mode so every 10 sec refresh interval. When my wife’'s car was halfway in and both motion sensors reported no motion, garage door started closing automatically without any delay. Log show no delay at all between no motion from both sensor to garage close command.
    Garage door do have stop IR sensors at the bottom but their height is below the car’s clearance. so that didn’t help either…

Lesson learned, Installed Simplisafe today, That I had ordered last week.

Please make this system reliable at least for automation…

And to top it off…just now when I tried to logon to IDE, this is what I got–

Plus it looks like app installation is broken now as well. I am trying to install Simplisafe integration app, Although after all steps, on android ST says “successfully added” app is no where in smartapps section…Is does show up in associated device though…:frowning:

1 Like

Go into the IDE… locations… Smartapps… click on the app… then if the following box is checked, then UNCHECK it…

Enable local child app discovery (make sure UNCHECKED)…

then see if it’s in the smartapps section list in the mobile app…

3 Likes

This is a commonly reported problem over past couple of days, sometimes solvable by changing the “Use Local Child SmartApps” box in the API/IDE webpage (under Locations / SmartApps).

Report it to Support@SmartThings.com and request that they update: http://status.smartthings.com since this problem seems “confirmed” to me :confounded:… Right @slagle @jody.albritton??

2 Likes

Thanks Kevin, Terry, This helped. I can see the app now…

2 Likes

For anyone having trouble with smartapps you just installed, check this out.

1 Like

It’s confirmed by me on this community multiple times and I’ve also mentioned we’re working on a fix :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks, Tim… I guess I still have optimism that SmartThings Confirmation means it will be posted on the Status page, in accordance with the increased vigilance the page had over last couple of weeks.

The “workaround” of changing the Local Child checkbox or whatever is popular, but not sure this fixes all cases (we have at least one who’s certain it didn’t help).

##Update:
Apparently the SmartApp shows up in the mobile app - Installed SmartApps … eventually (after a few hours?), per one confirmed case and some fuzzy observations.

1 Like

I unchecked the box on one of my apps and it at least shows up in my Mobile app now

1 Like

In condition and trigger is the word “becomes” the same as “is”. I want to check the current temperature of certain devices and it may or may not “become” if the temperature does not change for a while

1 Like

The word becomes indicates a state change. Such as a switch is on and becomes off. That action is used as a trigger. The trigger only evaluates as a result of the action, not the state of the switch.

It is not the same as “is”, what is indicative of the state of the switch as a condition. A rule evaluates based on the criteria is conditions states. When all states are met, such as the switch is on, it evaluated. In a rule you can have multiple conditions. The switch is on, the bulb is off, the mode is day. Any two off of those already in that state does not cause evaluation. All 3 must bet in the state.

1 Like

Sorry if I blinked and missed it… Why did the thread name change from WITHDRAWN to Rule Machine X ? I don’t know if I should be sad knowing it’s permanent or have hope for the next version.

11 Likes

I’d also like to know the reason for that as well. I read back a bit to see what I could find but nada.

I call shenanigans.

I do see the name change in the edit history, but it’s showing on 4/11 and I’m pretty sure it wasn’t actually changed on that date.

1 Like

Just checked the edit history. Bruce was the last person to edit the file. We also have admin logs for all of the moderators and it is not showing that anyone at ST made the change. I assume Bruce made the Title Change.

Certain forum members also have a “trust” level high enough to edit forum post titles. It could have been an accident.

1 Like

I see the name change from Release to Rule Machine x, but not the withdrawn. I have changed titles and categories(not these ones), but it shows in the edit history when I do it. Also I always try to either message op before doing so, after doing so or in the thread depending on how active/new they are to the forum.

Edit, For reference see the edit history of

it shows on apr 13th I changed the category.

1 Like
5 Likes

It may have been @bravenel, preparing the Rule X (10 arabic numeral)