Rule machine - as per the app developer, this app is no longer available for new installs, distribution, or support

Yes. I just asked that in the thread for getting help with how to build rules, and got a great, quick response…

Yes there is. You can use private Boolean to do that. It starts out true. So when your rule runs, turn it to false as an action. Then, you want it to be true again for the next day, so you’d have to figure out when to do that. That could be a simple time trigger, that sets it to true again.

thank you very much!

With either of these trigger configurations, the latest rule.groovy from the repo, and my device handler not specifying a button number (call this Device Handler 1):
Configuration A
https://dl2.pushbulletusercontent.com/x9AuLRZQXpGHUk75fdzojUztAjUJB1vt/Screenshot_20160316-135203.png
Configuration B
https://dl2.pushbulletusercontent.com/E6QyI8XP7pnllfyXRLnu9271HfrZnwWm/Screenshot_20160316-135351.png

this exception is thrown when “Computer Left” is pushed:

java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot get property ‘buttonNumber’ on null object @ line 1934

It can be seen that this happens because numButtons, as returned from settings.find{it.key == “numButtons$dev”}, is null, and is being defaulted back to 4

When my device handler specifies buttonNumber=1 (device handler 2):

Configuration A throws:
java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot get property ‘value’ on null object @ line 1956

Configuration B passes… but this is completely circumventing any change made to support single button devices.

Maybe I misunderstood your intent, but I would expect configurations 1A and 2B to definitely pass… the others would be up to interpretation.

Until we sort out the current platform issues I can’t really say. But if it’s not working for you right now, a fix would be to remove it temporarily.

1 Like

Still working on it, last i heard we knew what the problem was yesterday.

This is your source of truth: http://smartthings.statuspage.io

OK, thanks. I’ll look at that code some more. I’ll get back to you.

Yup, thanks Tim, that’s what I did :slight_smile:

[quote=“ruricu, post:3588, topic:28730”]
this exception is thrown when “Computer Left” is pushed:

It’s very hard to attempt to debug this without seeing what you actually have. Either post for me by Private Message your device handler, so I can test with it and see what’s happening, or send me a PM and you could turn on debugging code for me to see what’s going on. The first is the more efficient option.

That exception being thrown for Conf. A suggests that numButtons$dev is null when it should be 1. So I really need to see the application state, the live logging, etc.

@bravenel I’m from QC, Canada. ST is still having a lot of problems from what I see. Wake up mode didn’t fire this morning, lights don’t open or don’t close after delay. This is getting frustrating.

I got 2 minimote to help so my wife can trigger actions manually instead. Bruce, thanks for your Button Controller+, it’s awesome!

LJ

same here… nothing fired today…

Same here… routine and RM didn’t kick in for certain lights

RI had a new one happen this morning, rules firing that weren’t supposed to. I’ve had rules that have not fired when they were supposed to but these fired when they were not supposed to. Had some lights that come on to wake up my wife. I have a switch set to disable the rule and that has been enabled the last few days because my wife hasn’t felt well. Didn’t catch it for 25 min after the lights came on… I’m sure she won’t be happy

Based in Cow Town, AB. Rules, some of them, fired OK, up to end of day yesterday. So far none have fired this morning…

everything seemed to work last night, but this morning 1 out of 5 rules fired as expected.

Had to delete one of the rules I had as it went into brainless zombie mode as Bruce described it and it was the rule that controlled my emergency shutoff valve. What pushed it over the edge for me is that rule triggered but it left the switch in off position which caused the power to be cutoff to my nests. Leave it disabled until ST fixes their issues

So I took a look at the rules that should be firing…
None were “head-less” as discussed in previous posts. Keep in mind they were firing OK yesterday! However, when entering the rule, the actual details showing on the main page of the rule were missing, Upon adding them back, even then there are issues:

fdb7448d-bc71-4b87-842f-cb3752b7d283 ‎8‎:‎34‎:‎23‎ ‎AM: info R - Outside Lights 2 Early AM Random On if Off is now False
fdb7448d-bc71-4b87-842f-cb3752b7d283 ‎8‎:‎34‎:‎23‎ ‎AM: info R - Outside Lights 2 Early AM Random On if Off: Lights Front Outside switch on
fdb7448d-bc71-4b87-842f-cb3752b7d283 ‎8‎:‎21‎:‎04‎ ‎AM: info R - Outside Lights 2 Early AM Random On if Off is now True
fdb7448d-bc71-4b87-842f-cb3752b7d283 ‎8‎:‎21‎:‎04‎ ‎AM: info R - Outside Lights 2 Early AM Random On if Off is True, but random delay of 344 seconds
fdb7448d-bc71-4b87-842f-cb3752b7d283 ‎8‎:‎21‎:‎02‎ ‎AM: info R - Outside Lights 2 Early AM Random On if Off: Lights Front Outside switch off

344 seconds is approx. 5.7 (6) minutes. Yet it took 13 minutes before it fired!!

I’m having issues with rules not triggering when they’re supposed to this morning (e.g. front porch at sunrise). I’m wondering if this has anything to do with the ST outage issue?

None of my rules fired this morning and I lost the ability to control one of my Zigbee lights whereas the other 2 work fine. Rebooting the hub did not help. I also had a few “Conditional Triggers” become “Actions” and were firing off randomly. Had to delete and recreate them. This is becoming a daily issue and very frustrating. Rules not firing due to platform issues is one thing, corrupting and changing rules in a much bigger thing. With about 20 rules, this is a time consuming chore because I never know when I need to check each rule for corruption.

I hope ST gets their act together. If the Amazon Echo had these issues, there would be a public outcry and damaging to Amazon’s reputation. Hard to swallow just because the user base is smaller with ST…

Yes. Things seem to be getting worse. I lost control over one of my zigbee lightbulbs as well. I had to reset it to get it to work again. This is the worst day so far since the problem started as far my rules not firing when they’re supposed to.