Rule Builder iOS app

The new version deffinately getting rolled out today?
@obycode

YOU ROCK!!! Thank you so much for the new version. FYI the app store is not yet showing the update.

How does one go about getting the freemium version?
It just keep asking for to pay.

@obycode

Check again now. The price change did not go through as it was supposed to initially.

It is still charging me.
Can this app make a rule, If battery is less than 10% then push notification?
@obycode

Arg
 this is my first time trying to align a price change with an update and did not realize it was going to be troublesome. Please don’t purchase until it shows the app for free.

No we don’t have support for battery as a trigger yet, but I’ve just added it to the list. That would be a great feature to have.

1 Like

Does the app have the ability to turn something for x amount of time?

So, If door opens then turn on lights for 1 minute.

Doesn’t look like it
 If not, are their plans to implement a duration rule?
That may be a deal breaker for me.
@obycode

I was just wondering this I wanna turn on a light with a motion sensor, once their is no longer motion I want the light to turn off . Any idea how to do this?

Yes, you can use the delay on the action to do this:

if this happens:
  door is opened
then do this:
  turn on light
  turn off light delay 1 minute

You can use the “and stays that way” feature we just added for this. You’ll need separate rules for turning them on and off.

Turn on:

if this happens:
  basement detects motion
then do this:
  turn on basement lights

Turn off:

if this happens:
  basement motion ends and stays that way for 5 minutes
then do this:
  turn off basement lights

This their anyway you can say only do this if it’s in home mode ?

Do I need two separate rules to turn on lights at 11am and turn off at 5pm?

Also, what are the premium subscriptions reserved for?
What kind of features would be included with a monthly payment?
@obycode

Smartthings have app at the market place do exactly what you want, under Smartthings Recommendation, Smart Lighting

I have similar setup for my entrance light, I’m using Smart Lightning app in market place to turn off the light after few mins. This is my setup.

Yeah, thats what I currently use but I wanted to consolidate all my rules into one smart app.
Right now I am using like 10 different ones because Rule Machine is gone.

I see, I agree ST rules are not very well organized in the app, but I preferred to use them whenever possible, just for the shake of stability

Yes, you can check the mode in the conditions.

Yes, that would require one rule to turn on and one to turn off.

This is still up in the air, but it will be reserved only for features that require some ongoing expenses on our end, such as data subscriptions from third parties, server costs, etc. These would be completely optional and all rules without these features would still work without the subscription.