[Migrated to Custom Capabilities] Rooms Manager: Smarter Rooms: Personalized rules based home automation with rooms Occupancy sensing from devices you already have in your home

If switch turns on… I put the virtual switch there.

1 Like

I’m having some issues writing rules using lux, and I’m hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

I have 2 scenarios that I’m hoping to solve:

1. In the living room I would like the lights to only come on if the lux is below say 10. I set the lux to 10 in the rules, but then the lights turn off while I’m sitting there, even if the room is engaged. I’m not sure if this is related to the speed of the lux meter I’m using, or if I’m just not understanding how I should be writing this rule. Or is this related to only having one rule?

2. I would like to add additional features like “if TV is on, set to engaged”, then have checking occur after the TV is off.

I use this

Withings/Nokia sleep sensor. I use IFTT to sync it. I believe there is a device handler for it, but I don’t think it’s fully functional the last time I checked.

Where’s @bangali ??? has anyone heard from him? I hope he’s okay. I haven’t seen a post or an update in awhile…

Let’s make the assumption that this project is currently on hiatus. What’s everyone using for room control? We all back to webcore native?

Rooms Manager

2 Likes

I don’t think that there is anything currently that even scratches the surface. This app and echo speaks are 95% of my automations

1 Like

Using Rooms Manager. It is really well done (apart from a few bugs). It is my main Smartapp for my automation. WAF is really good with this app. :grin:

I hope @bangali will continue maintaining it, or somebody would take over. I could pitch in, but I am still learning the basic of Webcore.

Thank you @bangali for this wonderful app !

2 Likes

Trying to set this up for Halloween lights to scroll between Orange and Purple but having a hard time doing so.

So I updated to 99.6v and set up the HL Settings to reflect:
Halloween
Orange,Purple
Rotate
100%

Then go to Maintain Rules and set up a rule to reflect:
Execution Rule
Halloween
All days of week
2019/10/25 - 2019/11/01
18:00 - 23:00
Select bulbs to control
Halloween (from HL Settings)

I tried this yesterday but it did not work. Not sure what I am doing wrong.

Also, wanted to know if I can use HEX codes instead of actual color names?

Having issues. Two of my rooms are sending “off” commands to lights even though they are in Occupied or engaged modes. Turning on the lights manually, the room will just shut them off again. I’ve touched nothing in the settings and its been working correctly for weeks until tonight. Anyone else? The wife is furious and I need a fix before we have a babysitter over in three days…

@bengali

Is anybody seeing their rooms with stuck timers? I haven’t made any changes in months and I’m constantly seeing rooms stuck in Occupied or Checking states as of late despite no motion. I’ve had this issue in the past, but it was once in awhile. Now it’s constant and rather annoying. Just want to know if it’s only me or are others experiencing the same behavior. Thanks.

Yeah I’m having the exact same issues :frowning_face:

I went in and recreated a lot of my rooms, and the newly created ones are even worse! It seems as though unless there is an update to the app, that it might be time to sunset it. It’s a shame because this really is one of my favorite apps on the platform. I loved it so much I donated.

I have been having issues too with this and other Apps/devices. ST seems to be having issues

Yep. I’m pretty sure it’s not just this smartapp and something at a lower level with timers and things.

Having the same issue with stuck timers, rooms not changing from occupied/engaged to vacant. Unfortunately it looks as if we’ve lost the App Owner @bangali who hasn’t been seen or heard from in months… I’m not sure of what we’re gonna do here.

As an update… I went back into the app and I did the instructions listed below, and it seems to have reset my rooms for the time being. I’ll keep an eye on it over the next couple of days.

My rooms are working now also, must have been a back-end issue that ST corrected .

1 Like

Do you have room based lux rules in any of your rules?

I’m really struggling trying to set rules that incorporate Lux.

We need some bright young programmers to take over this app … it’s too good to let die…

I’m sure all of us Rooms Manager users would $contribute

2 Likes

happy thanksgiving! its been a while. sorry for the absence.

updated to github with the following changes:

Version: 1.0.0

DONE:   Over 6 months ending in 11/25/2019

1) device driver code significantly optimized
2) child app no longer calls driver code at runTime
3) except 2 timers which serve as "global timers" removed all others timers for better predictability
4) removed use of unschedule globally and limited to use of single unschedule for use with "global timers"
- "**REQUIRES SAVING ROOMS MANAGER AND ALL ROOMS CHILD APP SETTINGS AFTER UPDATING CODE. REMEMBER TO UPDATE DTH/DRIVER CODE FIRST.**"
5) timer values indicated in the app are now much more reliable because they work with the global timers
6) added motion requirement to set room to engaged after door closes
7) added time requirement for power to stay above certain threshold before setting room to engaged
8) lux check now supports both lower than or equals to and greater than
9) added separate settings to check window open before cooling and heating respectively

the timers change was specifically done because timers on ST have generally been degrading in reliability specially at times of high load. i have been testing the change for the last month has made it much more reliable for me.

thanks for caring everyone.

@Bryantrichar paypal link: https://www.paypal.me/dey :grin:

4 Likes