[Migrated to Custom Capabilities] Rooms Manager: Smarter Rooms: Personalized rules based home automation with rooms Occupancy sensing from devices you already have in your home

maybe a bug? :slight_smile: traveling this week ā€¦ will check this weekend. sorry for the trouble.

@bangali seriously how did you get away from the deskā€¦who was on shift watching ā€¦grrrrā€¦lol

I hope the travelling is for enjoyment purposes.

In relation to @elitef post above, Iā€™m encountering the same issue, light will come on at said time, but not off, even with the rule when no rules are active, turn off, on.

In relation to my own dancing lights issue after much trail and error, I believe it is code based.
The lights will come on / off when multiple motion sensors are used in the room for either Lux or motion. Multiple in this case is more than 1. If 2 or more motion sensors in terms of lux or motion are triggered at the same time, or within seconds apart then the lights coming on/off on/off takes place.

But I can not find anything in the logs, except what I posted above.

i wish :frowning:

checking on this.

checking on this as well.

Thanks, looking forward to hearing back from you when you have some time on this :slight_smile:

1 Like

Iā€™m using Music playing to set engaged

Having some oddness.
I canā€™t get automation working properly (tried over a long time now - many months, on and off) so I thought Iā€™ll remove the room and add again. When I navigate to the room scroll to the bottom, hit ā€œRemove Roomā€, confirm I get a red alrts pop up at top of the screen ā€œAn unexpected error occirredā€.

Thought OK!, maybe some mucked up config, Iā€™ll remove the whole app so tried Remove at the rooms manage page (v0.99.1) and same thing happensā€¦

For the room in question (Oragery) if I try to view all settings, on Andoid ST app I get ā€œSomethingā€™s Wrongā€ page dispalyed, on IOS (iPad) it just displays a little spinner for a second and then nothingā€¦

Oh, just found this in logs:
14:41:17: error groovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: script_app_97a7e09a10fc6124832c9c4dfe48f40130ee8e9140c8db928f8bc3b0aa9895c0.varRuleTimeOffset() is applicable for argument types: (java.lang.Integer) values: [0] @line 293 (varRuleString)

Repeats quite a lot.

In order to remove the room, go to My Home > Things > Navigate to the room that you want to delete > Click on Gear > Click Remove
Now go back to the Rooms Manager and remove the room from there.
It should now delete successfully.

I had this issue too, must be a bug I suppose

1 Like

Thanks for this, it worked and I removed the room.
Iā€™ll try to add again and do it step-by-step this time.

I sent a PM to you.

you should never need to delete a room to fix issues. first thing to always try is going to the room and saving the settings. if it still does not work ā€¦ just ping me.

this is only when you are in view all settings?

i have now tried couple of rooms with 2 motion sensors each ā€¦ cant get the lights to turn on/off. you mentioned lux ā€¦ are the rules conditional on lux?

@bangali It is indeed. See screen grab of current room rule.

At the moment Iā€™ve removed the other lux and motion sensors

If I put the other motion and lux sensor back into the rule, the below is the screen grab.

The lights in use are Ikea Tradfi ones. Iā€™ve converted over from the community DH to the OOTB ST one. I also removed from the logic Trendsetter, so RM is directly calling the lights.

The motion sensors and lux sensors are of 2 different brands. Main one is a Fiabro one and the other 3 are Aqara ones.

thanks. so the lux sensors are aqara?

lets try this:

• add all motion sensors and lux sensors back in
  • disable rule no 2 which is the vacant rule
  • in general settings turn on the toggle to turn off all switches when no rules match
  • save the settings with the ST IDE logging open to make sure there are no errors thrown

try it now. any change in behavior?

@bangali, 3 of the 4 are, these ones, Iā€™m using bspranger DH for them.

The fourth one is a Fiabro one, this one and Iā€™m using @ClassicGOD DH for it.

the xiaomi ones only read lux when there is motion ā€¦ i think? if yes ā€¦ probably better not to use those as lux sensors ā€¦ fine to use for motion.

why not just the fiabro as the only lux sensor?

1 Like

@bangali, yep, I believe your right. Reason iā€™m using them is the layout of the room and the bad lights, bright in some parts dark in others, so the average was perfect.

But in this case, even if i just use the fiabro lux sensor and the the fiabro and and one of the aqara motion sensors, i got the the disco lights. From undergoing my ameuter testing, it seems to happen when two motion sensors were triggered at the same time.

Prior to your latest updates and code movement, the sensors and rules had been in place for ages without any issues.

It has the hall marks to me as if multiple logic threads are being fired at the same time and cancel each other out then realise ohhh, the lights should be on :slight_smile:

But my thought may have no basis on reality :slight_smile:

may be there was a bug that everyone thought was a feature ā€¦ got fixed in the last release? :wink:

try this?

@bangali, Oh i love those features, they keep people on their toes :slight_smile:

Iā€™ve made the change and it saved without issues, iā€™ll keep you postedā€¦its the kitchen so Iā€™ll know quick enough :slight_smile:

1 Like

updated to github with following changes:

Version: 0.99.3

DONE:   12/22/2018

1) standardized color notification routine
2) added asleep from and to times in asleep settings
3) various bug fixes and optimizations

- **REQUIRES SAVING ROOMS MANAGER AND ALL ROOMS CHILD APP SETTINGS AFTER UPDATING CODE. REMEMBER TO UPDATE DTH/DRIVER CODE ALSO.**

2 Likes