[Migrated to Custom Capabilities] Rooms Manager: Smarter Rooms: Personalized rules based home automation with rooms Occupancy sensing from devices you already have in your home

During click on “Temperature Settings”

Mbd261066-7f47-49fa-aa89-b2dbb9a08e92 3:32:07 AM:error groovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: script_app_2cb1b14e41916629f52167b8b950a6d7aab78aee789eef754af7d44105137836.getChildRoomThermostat() is applicable for argument types: () values: @line 710 (checkThermostatValid

Just using the original SmartThings multi-sensor (open/close, 3-way accellerometer, temperature) with the standard ST DTH (runs local).

Thanks!

thanks. questions:

• do you have other rooms with thermostat?
    – if yes … none of them throw the same error when going to temperature setting?
  • if you click on temperature settings multiple times in succession does it consistently throw the same error?

ok … i dont have those … i use the aeon multisensor for acceleration with a custom driver.

to confirm on the acceleration values … when there is acceleration it shows active and then when acceleration stops it shows inactive?

• All the rooms have remote ecobee thermostats and Iris sensors.
  • Clicking the button again logs the same error in this room only

strange … every room calls that method from one place and one place only. let me see if i can figure it out.

EDIT: is this thermostat the same one as used in any other room settings?

No, each room has it’s own, checked all rooms for duplicate, deleted the thermostat, swapped thermostats and re-added the thermostat.

We both know we can clear this issue by rebuilding the room but the coder in you wants to know what the cause is right? :slight_smile: me too.

1 Like

seems to make no sense … could always be chaos monkey :wink:

without deleting this room if you create another room with the same settings … same error?

Exactly…

1 Like

Added a test room with the exact same setting and no problem. Do you want me to just remove the errored room or you want to figure it out?

if that works just delete the original room. since its working for every other room and this new room … suspect infra issue which i have no way to debug or control over.

Bangali,

I did it again, updated to your latest code and installed and published the Vacation Manager. Issue is that I’m seeing the following error when attempting to update each room by navigating to Automation --> SmartApps --> rooms manager. I select said room and proceed to save save save it .

Under room manager on the IDE logs, it displays the following:

groovyx.net.http.HttpResponseException: Forbidden

Further, upon entering said room from the ‘My Home’ tab --> Selecting SmartApps. Where traditionally one would observe room manager to be able to configure said room, it now only displays #rooms vacation.

Lastly, it appears that everything is broken and timers hang at 5 seconds, failing to take action.

Thanks for your help!

this one is happening from too many calls to github to check for code update … can be safely ignored.

so in ST app under rooms manager only # rooms vacation shows but none of the rooms?

Navigating to → Automation → rooms manger. All rooms are listed.

However from an actual room → SmartApps, only rooms vacation is listed.

Bangali,

The smartapp does appear to be functioning as expected now. Rooms are entering occupied and successfully returning to vacant. Maybe it was coincidence between the updating of the app and this error message that many users have reported to be an issue with the smartthings platform.

java.util.concurrent.TimeoutException: Execution time exceeded 20 app execution seconds: 270725557532790 @line 5038 (switches2Off)

ok.

yeah sometimes when there is a lot of load on ST these can randomly happen.

Bangali,

Still dunno why when in a room, only #rooms vacation shows under the SmartApps where before said update, rooms manager settings where present. Now I must enter Automation -> SmartApps -> rooms manger.

share a couple of screen shots of what is showing and how you are having to go?

Here is where room manager would be present to enter settings for said room.

ahh … got it. rooms manager used to subscribe to room so you would see the app there. but since it doesnt do that anymore with the vacation function moving to its own app you dont see rooms manager there any more.

i guess i could add them back for convenience … let me check. :slight_smile: