[Migrated to Custom Capabilities] Rooms Manager: Smarter Rooms: Personalized rules based home automation with rooms Occupancy sensing from devices you already have in your home

No I, tried that already

strange ā€¦ cant seem to reproduce ā€¦ on the run ā€¦ will check again later todayā€¦

just remembered another thing ā€¦ did you select keep room engaged when presence sensor is present? if thats true ā€¦ think it does not allow individual selection of presence sensor in rules.

That was itā€¦ Thanks Boss, donā€™t forget to check out Echo speaks

sure thing. is there an use case where you would want to be able to select the presence sensor in the rule when presence action is continuous? will do.

Room: Home

Rule 1. I want to turn off outside camera notifications when I arrive

Rule 2 I want to turn on outside camera notifications once Iā€™m in , all doors closed, motion detected.

Rule 3. I want to turn off outside camera notifications if Iā€™m home and open a door or garage (walking dog or washing car,)

Rule 4. I want to turn on outsid camera notifications when any presence sensor leaves

outside camera alway on btw. In case someone bobs me over the head while washing the car :fist_left:t4:

ok. but for that you dont need to select presence action continuous or am i missing something?

just activate ninja mode when car washing :slight_smile:

I see your point , Iā€™m playing with it now with simulated presence switch.

1 Like

It looks like Rules 2 will have to be a piston since I canā€™t trigger a rule on motion (RFE?)

setup a room called home with all motion sensors you want to check and all outside door contacts specified but outside door flag is not set. then setup a rule for occupied and engaged state to turn on camera?

Does the Check Switches are ON? filter work? I thought it was a condition. If Check are ON switch - Off then not do the rule.

its a trigger. so the rules will get evaluated/executed every time one of those switches is turned on or off but only if the only on state change condition matches.

EDIT: to be clear triggers also double as conditions. so if rules evaluation was triggered by another sensor when checking the rules check on and off switches are evaluated as conditions for match.

Itā€™s easy to overthink things sometimes! I will have a play around with the temp settings, thanks Bangali.

On the downside my lights seem to be staying on when they shouldnā€™t, will figure it out :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sorry Bangali Iā€™m a bit lost. One of my Rooms, Master Bedroom has the same routine as the rest (Occupied, Lights on at 50%, 60 Secs, Checking, Lights On at 30%, 30 Secs, Vacant, Lights Off).

Itā€™s working in all rooms but the Master Bedroom. It works all the way to checking when the command to reduce light levels to 30%, but then when the room turns Vacant which it does, the lights stay on at 30%.

I have benchmarked the rules against rooms that work properly and canā€™t see a difference.

Any ideas?

Thanks as always, I owe you an Xmas Present!

this is happening 100% of the time? anything in the logs around that time when it should?

anytime. :smile:

Version: 0.96.0

DONE: 10/31/2018

1. updated code for time handling to fix issue with midnight changes for sunrise and sunset rules.
  2. moved rooms vacation mode code from rooms manager to its own child app.
    • REQUIRES SAVING ROOMS VACATION CODE AS A NEW APP. REMEMBER TO ALSO SAVE SETTINGS FOR BOTH ROOMS MANAGER AND ROOMS VACATION.
  3. updated spoken announcements code in rooms manager because HE does not support all of the same commands that ST does.
    • PROBABLY NEED TO DO THE SAME FOR ROOMS CHILD APP AS WELL. BUT WANT TO LET THIS CHANGE BAKE IN REAL WORLD A BIT BEFORE I DO THAT.
  4. added setting for exception states for only on state change settings.
  5. added 15% and 25% to light level setting.
  6. added option to select 24 hours for announcement.
  7. cleaning up settings text etc.

Thank you for this update and I think I found a bug unless you tell me this is by design. :-):grin:

Engaged Settings
Contact sensor closes

I have two contact sensors that I would like for either of them to trigger Engaged.

1. When I enter just one of the sensors, closing the sensor Engages the room.
  2. When I enter both of the sensors, closing either or both sensor engages the room.

Seems like the field is only taking 1 sensor at a time. Iā€™d like for either or any to engaged. Iā€™ll update and see if it still is the case.

100% of the time as of Iā€™m not sure when. Nothing in the logs - literally goes through first steps as far as changing levels to 30% for checking then never sends the off command.

If itā€™s getting engaged when closing either thatā€™s a bug. It should be both. Will check and fix.

From view all settings select show only settings with value then share screen shot of the settings please