Rooms Manager: Smarter Rooms: Personalized home automation with Occupancy

rooms
smartrules
microlocation
project_sensors
manager

(the rooms manager guy) #1468

awesome! :slight_smile:

you are welcome. thank you for your generosity.

(Richard Bryant) #1470

Is there a way to make a rule run just once on state change ? Scenario , I walk into the living room, engaged sets the recessed lights to 20%, but I want to use my laptop and I need 100%. If I change the lights the rule runs again and set it back to 20%. Is my only recourse is to set the state to locked ?

(the rooms manager guy) #1471

set only on state change in general settings.

(Richard Bryant) #1472

Thanks again…

(Jason "The Enabler" as deemed so by @Smart) #1473

I think I found a bug, but I’m not sure. I had my speaker announcements range set from 0 to 23, the max. Well, my announcements stopped working at 11pm (2300 hrs). So, I changed the range to 0 to 24 in the code and they work fine.

Is it a bug? Or did I just do it wrong again?

(the rooms manager guy) #1474

well if you changed the code to allow 0 - 24 that just means it will work 24 hours a day. :slight_smile:

(the rooms manager guy) #1475

i added 24 as an option for folks that want announcements 24x7. :slight_smile:

(Jason "The Enabler" as deemed so by @Smart) #1476

Lol… I’m just glad I wasn’t doing it wrong!

(the rooms manager guy) #1477

well nobody should want spoken announcements 24x7 … so you are doing that part not quite right … but the code change you did was all right. :smile:

(Jason "The Enabler" as deemed so by @Smart) #1478

I only have certain things announce 24/7… Like when the doorbell is pressed, if I’m in the shooter or asleep upstairs Alexa can wake me up, cause I will not hear the doorbell!

(Richard Bryant) #1479

Anyway we can make brightness a variable number entered instead of the 10% increments ? I know this sounds petty (wife) but there is big difference between 10% and 20% brightness , she likes 15% at night. Smh :man_facepalming:

(the rooms manager guy) #1480

sigh … wifes are all the same arent they? we should consider ourselves lucky she doesnt want 15.142% :wink:

i dont even know why i had made that an enum instead of a directly entered value from 1 to 100%. the one challenge might be it will break level settings for everyone who has a value entered already.

will take a look.

(the rooms manager guy) #1481

are you using the night lights settings or lights that come on with motion at night or asleep state using rules?

(Richard Bryant) #1482

I have recessed lighting that comes on to xx% brightness after a certain LUX value under a vacant state rule.

(the rooms manager guy) #1483

this is everywhere or like are we talking bedroom lights at night?

(Richard Bryant) #1484

I have three rooms with recessed lighting so I have that same rule in each.

(the rooms manager guy) #1485

do you mean during all states at all hours of night or only when room is in asleep state?

(Richard Bryant) #1486

Not all states, just vacant , I never put the living room, dining room and loft to sleep. Just want the recessed lights to stay on when dark. Occupied and Engaged have different rules.

(the rooms manager guy) #1487

unfortunately in the rules i cannot support direct entry because it also supports AL and HL for auto level and holiday lights option selection. making that direct entry numeric would not leave a way to select AL and HL.

i will add option to select 15% and 25%.

(Richard Bryant) #1488

Don’t worry about it, it’s not worth the effort for so little gain. I’ll just tell her it can’t be done , live with 20%, now go make me a sandwich :sandwich: