[Migrated to Custom Capabilities] Rooms Manager: Smarter Rooms: Personalized rules based home automation with rooms Occupancy sensing from devices you already have in your home

thanks … how easily does it register vibration? does a tap do it or needs a shake?

updated to github with the following changes:

Version: 0.95.0

DONE:   10/7/2018

1) added power value, switches on and switches off triggers to rules definition and processing.
2) optimized rooms processing and how timed rules are handled.
    - **REQUIRES SAVING ROOMS MANAGER & ROOMS CHILD SETTINGS AFTER UPDATING TO THIS VERSION. OPEN SETTINGS FOR EACH AND CLICK SAVE. THATS IT.**
3) start collecting rooms state history.
4) cleanup code here and there.

@bangali

I have an error saving ONE room (All others saved successfully after updating code to 0.95.0 and re-saving)

d9cb2ed5-2589-43c3-83b0-97ac9dd262c3 4:33:43 PM: error java.lang.ClassCastException
d9cb2ed5-2589-43c3-83b0-97ac9dd262c3 4:33:43 PM: info updateRoom Back Hall Occupancy

please turn on debug logging for the room and try saving again then share the logs please.

Will do… Give me a bit.

1 Like

@bangali, it needs a good vibration to register, tiny movements don’t register at all.

1 Like

@bangali

Here’s the updated log with debug logging turned on:
d9cb2ed5-2589-43c3-83b0-97ac9dd262c3 2:09:51 PM: error java.lang.ClassCastException
d9cb2ed5-2589-43c3-83b0-97ac9dd262c3 2:09:51 PM: info Back Hall Occupancy: updateRoom 2
d9cb2ed5-2589-43c3-83b0-97ac9dd262c3 2:09:51 PM: info updateRoom Back Hall Occupancy
d9cb2ed5-2589-43c3-83b0-97ac9dd262c3 2:09:51 PM: info Back Hall Occupancy: updated
d9cb2ed5-2589-43c3-83b0-97ac9dd262c3 2:09:46 PM: info Back Hall Occupancy: adjMotionInactiveEventHandler

Sorry it took so long, life happens. Let me know what else you need.

could you please open up checking settings for the room and if there is no value for dim timer enter a value and try saving it?

ehh … no worries.

There was a value. 90 seconds.

I cleared it by selecting the X and it reset to 5. Then I saved it successfully…

interesting. if you clear it out and save it again does the error come back?

I’ll check it out in the AM and let you know… It’s whiskey time… :wink:

1 Like

Bangali,

From the most recent 0.95.1 version, persistent even after saving the room settings both times all the way through the child app I’m experiencing the following error:

groovy.lang.MissingPropertyException: No such property: sunriseTime for class: script_app_6b2698debfe35871580427b036a8f6338a77219e00fc0cb20024721d9c2a49a6 @line 5266 (sunRiseAndSet)

As a result of the upgrade, manually triggering occupied or engage state populates said error in the ST IDE. Debug log provides no additional informations.

Please advise what information I can provide towards restoring app functionality?

please update the child apps code and try again. sorry my miss.

Bangali,

confirmation of resolution. Thanks for everything your doing.

~Turtle

1 Like

Hello all.

First of all let me apologize if this question seems ignorant or just plain stupid. Please do not flame me.

I have been using Rooms Manager for about a year now. Worked great. I decided yesterday to update the repo on GitHub.

The new updates look awesome!

My problem is that none of my previous rooms that I had setup work anymore. They are all pretty simple, just a motion sensor that turns on a light and turns the light back off when the room becomes vacant.

Is there a Room Manager for Dummies out there? I have finally got my test room to turn on a light and show that it is occupied, but it never goes back to vacant.

I am really curious if someone has a simple how-to that they have put together on how to utilize the updates.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 Like

no one will flame you here. thats not acceptable. :slight_smile:

for each of the rooms go to occupied settings and update the timeout settings at the bottom of the page and save … that should fix it.

i made some inadvertent changes causing this issue … sorry for the trouble.

1 Like

Just installed your app to try it out, first my room stays in engaged because it thinks that there is a button being pushed and it’s switching back to engaged from vacant. I want to remove the room and restart it but getting the message “an unexpected error occurred” when trying remove the room.

thanks for trying out the app. :slight_smile:

do you have a button defined in room devices settings or in engaged settings? from view all settings you can take screen shots to share the settings. you can also anonymize the settings and also filter empty settings before taking the screen shots. :slight_smile:

no need to remove the room. just clear out or update any settings you want to change.

EDIT: if you do still want to remove the room … sometimes ST has an issue deleting the child device. from ST IDE go to the devices list … find the rooms occupancy device for that room … click on it and delete it from there.

then open rooms manager and delete the room from rooms manager.

When saving a “Button Number” there is no descriptions to the left of the check boxes, is that normal ?

no that is definitely not normal.

what device / driver is this and which setting is using this button?