[Migrated to Custom Capabilities] Rooms Manager: Smarter Rooms: Personalized rules based home automation with rooms Occupancy sensing from devices you already have in your home

@bangali, nothing showing up in the logs I’m afraid. I did a few tests and funnily enough the page errored during one of the tests on a save, then I went back in and this time the colour was set.

ok. are you have able to reproduce the save error? unfortunately i am not seeing it.

@bangali Unfortunately not. It’s intermittent. I’m not finding the common denominator. For example I went into an existing HL, increased the rotating time, it errored but nothing again showed up in the logs.

Went and did the above again, this time no issues.

All the logs are telling me is the room was updated…

if ST is not showing anything in the logs ST is probably hiccuping in its sleep.

1 Like

@bangali - the add new HL button that I said was missing earlier has now shown up…I’m going with Alien invasion :slight_smile:

you need scotch … no ice cubes with a drop of water :wink:

2 Likes

wondering what folks think of the following feature?

vacation mode where rooms occupancy state is replayed with some randomization from same day last week.

• great idea!
  • sure
  • ehh
  • nah
  • bad idea!

0 voters

Thanks Bangali. I think my issue was that I had conflicting rules. My hallway lights were getting a command to switch off every 5 minutes. I’ve done a bit of tidying up and it seems to have fixed it.

Odd one, I created a room which I now want to remove & I get an error every time I try. I’m working from my iPad, would this have any impact?

nice. :slight_smile: done it myself where my behind the TV lights were switching continuously between two colors because i had overlapping rules.

probably. ST has been flaky for me since thursday night. try deleting the rooms occupancy device for the room from the IDE then removing the room from the rooms manager app.

Cheers will do. Contemplating adding a new Xiaomi Vibration Sensor as a sleep indicator :slight_smile:

1 Like

just ordered a couple … not sure what i am going to use them for :slight_smile:

1 Like

@bangali I’m going to use my one to make my dumb doorbell smart :grinning:

how? :slight_smile:

Bloody love Xiaomi devices, all mine are rock solid.

2 Likes

@bangali I hope to put mine inside my doorbell chime box and it will register as a vibration

1 Like

ahh nice. do you have a mechanical or digital chime box?

Old school mechanical with magnets and coils :grinning:

how old school?

mine is like 25 years old. if you get it working … please share and i will try hooking up the same on mine.

1 Like

tallying votes across forums looks like ~70% of you like the idea ~60% of those think its a great idea. :slight_smile:

so this feature is coming. this will be the last feature before rooms moves to version 1.0.

@bangali got my sensors and paired them. Eventually got one of them into my doorbell chime box but it didn’t register vibration when thr chime went off. From looking at my options without getting involved with opening the casing and working direct with the board I need a better chime box, louder and some more space to get a better vibration option.