[Migrated to Custom Capabilities] Rooms Manager: Smarter Rooms: Personalized rules based home automation with rooms Occupancy sensing from devices you already have in your home

please edit the room and in checking settings set the value of How many seconds? to 10 seconds … save settings and try again please.

EDIT: actually please update the rooms child app code … save settings then try again. sorry.

OK changing the checking time to 10s worked. ill update the child app and try again

1 Like

after you update the child app just creating any room or saving it should work as it used to. after update the app remove the 10s … save and give it a try please. or better yet create another new room with the same devices and see if the error comes back.

@CastleHue please give this a try as well.

all seems to be working correctly now here. thanks for your help

1 Like

i should just throw in a bug now and then … makes for a good excuse to chat with you guys sometimes. :wink:

i would never do that off course. you shouldnt have to be on the forum chatting with me to get rooms manager working. it should always just work. and when it doesnt i will do everything to fix it as quickly as i can. :smiley:

1 Like

I’m surprised you can find any time to chat the rate you are adding new features. I can’t keep up
I really need to sit down and formulate a strategy for my automation/“smart tech” going forward I’ve just bought a hubitat so now I have Hue controlling lights in hall and master bedroom via motion sensors and dimmer buttons, ST with webcore in garage, kitchen & garden now ST rooms manager in the office and soon to be living room. I need now to test the hubitat to see if its ready…:exploding_head:

1 Like

this is what I do nights and weekend. probably not going to add any more features. at least no significant ones. will probably do things like fading lights up and down instead of just on and off. couple of users on the HE forum want that.

I am also split between ST and HE. run webcore and some rooms on ST and other rooms on HE. been working well for me the last couple of months.

1 Like

Ahhh I was going to report this… Glad to see it already fixed.

So @bangali just to verify.

Update all code from repo
Open all rooms and save

Correct?

• update all code
  • open rooms manager … go to settings then save
  • for each room think the issue is only with newly created rooms
  • but if any room is having the issue open and save it
1 Like

@bangali Come on, be honest, you enjoy the bug squashing :slight_smile:

1 Like

bugs? what bugs? :wink:

updated to github with the following changes:

Version: 0.90.2

DONE: 10/1/2018

1. fix for holiday lights. requires resaving holiday lights settings.
  2. more code optimization for frequent functions.
  3. other small fixes.
1 Like

@bangali I see your marketing department is working overtime now… :upside_down_face:

Developer - quashed a few bugs
Marketing - other small fixes
:wink:

So today it went from Occupied to Vacant and then to engaged about 11 minutes after it went to vacant. The lights were off and they wouldn’t come back on.

yay! is it working? :slight_smile:

wait a sec … what am i marketing now?

a completely free open source app that offers the most comprehensive automation for your home and depends on the generosity of users to keep my coffee and scotch going … is that it? :smiley:

3 Likes

@bangali that’s it in a nutshell, and long may it continue :slight_smile:

Now on a more serious note, no coding whilst enjoying your hard earned scotch :slight_smile:

Now onto a less serious note, I’ve come across a quirk in relation to setting up a Holiday pattern.

Your Git hub instructions note Set light level to as a button, but the code says its a %, i assume of the light brightness.

Also when inputting a string of colours, the screen errors, sometimes and when you change the comma delimited colours and click save the changes aren’t always kept.

Also it does not seem to allow entry for more than 3 colours, not sure if a feature or otherwise.

I can not find a pattern to always re-produce the error, yet, unfortunately.

1 Like

thanks! now that would be a shame … hope someone builds something better … not just market something better. :slight_smile:

are you on the latest version of rooms child app?

EDIT: also on ST please dont try the twinkle. it will work but wont look much like a twinkle … more like a fast rotate due to cloud lag.

updated github with the following changes:

Version: 0.90.4

DONE:   10/3/2018
1) added color option to night lights.
2) tweaked the holiday lights twinkle a bit for HE.
3) optimized switches processing.
4) started adding sub-headers on HE.

@bangali OK, ok, you win, you can code and drink scotch at the same time :slight_smile:

Just updated to latest version, by chance I was using rotate. Went in to test the change:-

Issue 1: Add option missing (I guess its from my previous bad save)
Option to add new HL seems to be missing, I’m on an android device.
I had 2 existing HL set up for a room

Issue 2: existing HL edit.
String name I
Colors (blank)
Routine - Rotate
Rotation how many seconds - 15
Set light level to - 40%

I filled in Colors as Red, Green hit save, no errors , went back in, Colors was set to “Tap to set”

I went to a new room turned on HL and option to add was there. Set up worked.
Went back to original room, set hide advanced features and saved then I turned on advanced features and went to HL, option to add still missing.

Just letting you know, in the meantime its Friday evening eventually for you, put your feet up, watch some soccer and enjoy your scotch :slight_smile:

:joy:

any error in the log when you try to edit HL for the existing room?

not quite there yet … but in a few more hours … will do :slight_smile: