[Migrated to Custom Capabilities] Rooms Manager: Smarter Rooms: Personalized rules based home automation with rooms Occupancy sensing from devices you already have in your home

Seems to have cleared whatever was wrong.
Unrelated - non breaking issue:
I have some WebCore Pistons that interface with the rooms. As soon as I saved one of the rooms the piston I had linked to it started throwing this:

df489399-539c-4dd2-9e51-27d685fdb42f ‎11‎:‎49‎:‎57‎ ‎AM: error ╔ Event processing failed (170ms)
df489399-539c-4dd2-9e51-27d685fdb42f ‎11‎:‎49‎:‎57‎ ‎AM: error ║ An error occurred within executeEvent: groovy.json.JsonException: Unable to determine the current character, it is not a string, number, array, or object

The current character read is ‘o’ with an int value of 111
Unable to determine the current character, it is not a string, number, array, or object
line number 1
index number 0
occupied[microDeviceTile:[type:standard, icon:st.Home.home18, backgroundColor:#32b399]]
^ @line 920 (executeEvent)
df489399-539c-4dd2-9e51-27d685fdb42f ‎11‎:‎49‎:‎57‎ ‎AM: info ╚ Received event [Office Occupancy].occupancy = vacant with a delay of 70ms

cool.

please PM me a green snapshot of the entire piston or a working snippet of the piston … i will try myself

1 Like

Will do as soon as I can.

1 Like

reproduced and i have no ducking idea whats going on:

Logs

9/15/2018, 10:34:57 AM +244ms
+1348ms ║An error occurred within executeEvent: groovy.json.JsonException: Unable to determine the current character, it is not a string, number, array, or object The current character read is ‘v’ with an int value of 118 Unable to determine the current character, it is not a string, number, array, or object line number 1 index number 0 vacant[microDeviceTile:[type:standard, icon:st.locks.lock.unlocked, backgroundColor: #ff6666]] ^

please update DTH then check piston again.

1 Like

on battery or on USB power?

Everything is using USB power.

cool.

on the aeotecs with USB power i set the following which seems to work well:

• selective reporting disabled
  • PIR reset time to 15 seconds
  • reporting interval to 30 seconds

dont use GE motion switches. the easiest way to unscientifically tell motion blind window is:

• start from motion sensor is inactive
  • open ST app and select the device from things
  • have a stopwatch in other hand
  • move in front of the motion sensor so it sense motion and start stopwatch
  • wait for device to show motion inactive
  • then start moving and keep moving in front of motion sensor
  • as soon as the device motion indicator goes on stop stopwatch

whatever that number of seconds on the stopwatch is your motion blind window … roughly.

1 Like

OK I will try this and report back.

1 Like

thank you for the donations everyone … very much appreciated.

That isn’t my shard

makes sense. wasnt recommending to use that shard.

from that post it seems when following these steps:

• login to ST IDE
  • click My SmartApps
  • click New Smartapp
  • then pasting the code from github and trying to save/publish

causes that error to be thrown.

instead of that if these steps are followed:

• login to ST IDE
  • click My Locations
  • click on your location
  • click My SmartApps
  • click New Smartapp
  • then pasting the code from github and save/publish

seems to work.

please give this a try.

No the error is when I use the repo and try to update from repo. I manually entered the code and assigned the repo to it. This is the first time I had to do it that way.

ok. that is strange and the first time i have heard of the issue.

after manually entering the code and assigning the repo does it work ok?

Yes, tested last night and is working good. I noticed after testing that the maintain temperature is not populating. I removed a room, recreated it and all rules, but still no luck. Seemed to work before update.

It does seem to be maintaining the temp properly, just not displaying it in the room view.

awesome!

will check.

It installed but I am trying to figure out how this would be any different than using webcore

this is addressed briefly in the main post. see this section:

happy to answer other questions about it.

@bangali thanks for the update! I have a small update myself, don’t be mad :sweat_smile:. I just discovered that I configured a Fibaro Motion as a Fibaro Dimmer 2 and after fixing no more errors (everything stable for 30+ minutes) :tada:. Everything is responsive again, yesterday all the rooms were constantly “stuck” in Engaged or Occupied driving me nuts. The adjacent room feature also works without hiccups without the update!

TL;DR a faulty or misconfigured (motion) sensor can break everything and make you go crazy.

1 Like

not mad at all … glad you found the issue and everything is working for you. :slight_smile:

TL;DR this happens when you spend time on reddit /jk

Hi Bangali,

Been a while, everything was working very smoothly. Since the latest update(s) my rules now only switch lights on on change from vacant to occupied / engaged, they no longer switch lights off on change away from Occupied / Engaged to Vacant. This means all lights stay on unless I manually switch off via Hue.

My hallway motion also seems to be stuck on Occupied / Engaged and will not change to Vacant.

Any ideas? I have combed back through all the rules and can’t figure it out.

Many Thanks as always.

Rowan

1 Like