[Migrated to Custom Capabilities] Rooms Manager: Smarter Rooms: Personalized rules based home automation with rooms Occupancy sensing from devices you already have in your home

@bangali Morning… Have you finished the football yet… It is safe to comment… Lmao

Just letting you know the lights went on correctly but didn’t go off, based on your second latest code release.

I will update to the latest code release above and report back again. Is there anything I can provide that might assist in troubleshooting?

yeah yeah … my team lost this one … next time :slight_smile:

you are using from: sunset ± mins and to: sunrise ± mins in this rule?

go ahead and update meanwhile later today i will setup something similar and check whats going on.

Well the good news is my team also lost, I was rooting for Croatia too. They played with their heart on their sleeves and gave it their all, but lady luck just would not give them a look at all. Unfortunate. Whilst the French, lady luck must have been in love with them :rofl:.

That’s it exactly Sunset offset 20, sunrise offset -20.

I’ve updated and shall report in a few hours.

As I mentioned before i have numerous other rules for the room all disabled but I did notice one of them show up in the screenshot, just mentioning it in case there was some connection.

exactly!

thats the french for you! :wink: /jk

ok.

you have multiple disabled rules but only one shows up in the view all settings?

Hope there’s no French reading this :roll_eyes:

Apologises, no I ment even though i have multiple disabled rules and only one live/active one, I noticed in the screen grab one of the disabled rules is also displayed.

No change with the latest code base.

nah they are all busy doing this:

got it … will fix.

ok … let me set up a similar rule and check tomorrow.

also can you please check the room in the ide and share what is setup for the scheduled jobs for that room?

2 Likes

@bangali the tv crews captured that, I thought it was brilliant showing that leaders are also human…i’m pretty sure the Croatian president is checking out his ass :slight_smile:

Not sure if I’m in the right place for this…
From Devices, I found the Room Name and clicked into it
Under the title “In Use By” …I clicked into rooms Manager and got the below screen grab.

If its not the right one let me know.

yeah its a really cool picture … definitely brings out the humanness

thats for rooms manager. we want the child app for the room. heres the simplest way to get to it for that room:

IDE -> my locations -> smartapps on rightmost column -> scroll down to find rooms manager and the rooms listed under it -> click on room name -> in pop up window scroll down towards bottom to find scheduled jobs for that room.

@bangali

Thanking you kindly for the instructions, screen grab below

This is matching what I see in the logs in terms of the light…
At 22:04 On Command is sent to the light and light comes on
Every 5 minutes after that another log entry is made, On Command Sent
At 04:51 another On Command is Sent
At 04:56 another On Command is Sent
At 04:57 another On Command is Sent
Then no log entries until I manually turn the light off in the morning.

thanks. the 5 mins pattern is right however the on command at 4:57 am which is out of pattern is suspect.

i am wondering if this is getting impacted because of how ST handles sunrise and sunset location data and updates to those.

would you be ok changing that time to 4:58 am instead of sunrise ± x mins … in the rules and see if that works right? not a solution just need to eliminate something.

btw … what is the actual sunrise time for your location as shown in ST IDE?

@bangali Oh nooo I can not to that…the horror of the thought of changing my schedule to a fixed value ahhhh - sorry couldn’t resist :roll_eyes:

Change made and saved.

Timing from the IDE
Sunset: 21:43
Sunrise: 05:20

1 Like

thanks for living with the horror for a couple of days here :slight_smile:

you had a -20 min offset for time to. last time it was scheduled for was 4:58 am. that would mean ST sunrise was 5:18 am when that was scheduled.

so yeah this looks like an issue from how ST handles those sunrise and sunset updates. let me think about it a bit.

meanwhile after next sunrise please share the log entries as you did above and what the new sunrise and sunset is in the ST IDE.

1 Like

Evening/Morning :slight_smile:

The light was still on this morning. The following are the log entries for the light

04:44 Command on
04:49 Command on
04:54 Command on
Nothing until manually turned off

Timing in the IDE
Sunset: 21:42
Sunrise: 05:21

afternoon.

so even with a fixed time to value the lights did not turn off at 4:58 am? what are the scheduled jobs for the room? please also share the view all settings one more time.

thanks.

@bangali - No problem.

Scheduled Jobs for room

View all settings

under mode & other settings -> turn off all switches on no rule match? is that flag on or off?

@bangali its off

turn it on and that should fix it. to explain a bit how rooms make that decision:

• when matching rules it first looks for one or more matching rules to execute various actions as configured on the rule
  • when no rule matches then it checks that flag to decide if every device in the room should be turned off
    – if that flag is on then it finds the devices from various rules and turns them all off.
  • you have the option of overriding this flag by creating a rule for vacant state for sunrise - 20 and having that turn off any lights you want.
  • but if all you want to do is turn off all the room devices when state is vacant just set that flag to on and it does the same thing.

but if you don’t mind please do it in 2 stages:

1. turn it on and save the settings without changing anything else
  2. confirm next day it worked
  3. then change time to sunrise - 20 and save settings.
  4. confirm day after that this also worked.

that would be comprehensive. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I shall do as you say Jedi Master :slight_smile:

2 Likes

thank you very kindly.

1 Like