[Migrated to Custom Capabilities] Rooms Manager: Smarter Rooms: Personalized rules based home automation with rooms Occupancy sensing from devices you already have in your home

This seems to be doing this as well when I change the dimming of the lights.

after updating the software from the ST app in things find the basement room ā€œdeviceā€ and click on the vacant button once ā€¦ then try it from there.

Process execution rule(s) only on state change?

do you have this flag set? what happens if you unset this?

Hi Bangali, not sure if this is the change to be able to select a motion sensor or just me missing something but last night when I clicked my button to go to sleep, the lights went to night lights and never switched off. I was drunk & didnā€™t notice until 3am but still :joy:. The motion sensor being used did stop registering motion correctly. Any ideas? Thanks!

if a leaf falls in the forest and you dont hear it ā€¦ did it really fall? :wink:

can you set the room asleep and try it? what is the setting for Turn on night lights when? in asleep settings set to?

i have a room setup exactly like your basement ā€¦ except instead of a TV its a mac mini. not seeing the issue there. could you please go in to rooms manager from the ST app ā€¦ click on the room and save the settings then try it?

Yeah definitely not working rightā€¦ set to asleep, night lights go on (motion getting into bed), night lights stay on, motion finishes, time (60 secs) finishes, night lights stay on. Tried ā€˜Motion in asleep stateā€™ and that with ā€˜State Changes to asleepā€™.

looking ā€¦

I did this but something strange is happening with my motion sensors. They seem to be stuck in detection of motion even if I take the battery out. So even though the sensors are saying there is motion, the lights turn off. Very weird. Weird things have been happening lately with ST. Last night my God Night Routine didnā€™t run when everybody went to bed. Lights were still on when I got up. Very frustrating!

OK I went into Rooms Manager and saved it again and as soon as I did this the lights went out. Sensors are showing motion which they should because I have them right in front of me.

It is also showing Active on the Basement Rooms interface beside the room motion box.

yeah when a room is saved the room state is reset to vacant. with the next motion everything should start over and room should change to occupied.

please update from github and try again please.

edit: after updating both apps from github please check the night turn on setting for that room in asleep settings is set correctly and save the room.

Hi Bangali,

Awesome customer service as always! Doesnā€™t seem to have changedā€¦ if there is no motion when the button is pushed, the lights go straight off though?

Cheers

1 Like

Donā€™t worry about it tonight Bangali, Iā€™m off to actual bed, up in not very many hours :sleeping:

1 Like

sorry ā€¦ had typed in evt.id instead of evt.deviceId when matching motion sensors for night lights only. fixed and updated to github.

Thanks Bangali, will update & test shortly when I go to sleep! Cheers again.

1 Like

All good, everything now working correctly & the ability to choose a motion sensor greatly appreciated. Cheers

1 Like

@MEarly did you get a chance to try this?

I updated this weekend and found that there is a bug (from debug line) that causes night lights to not turn on with motion if nightMotionSensors is empty (ā€œAll room motion sensor(s)ā€).

1 Like

thank you. probably best to comment that line. I will update it in the next push.

edit: also updated the line on github.

1 Like