[Migrated to Custom Capabilities] Rooms Manager: Smarter Rooms: Personalized rules based home automation with rooms Occupancy sensing from devices you already have in your home

That is correct.

are you comfortable editing a couple of lines in bangali : rooms child app app under your smartapps?

Definitely. I work in cybersec w/ a CS degree but I donā€™t code professionally.

cool. no offense meant off course ā€¦ no way to tell what background others may or may not have on a forum :slight_smile:

cybersec? ok ā€¦ lets open up port 22 on your router and forward all requests to your smartthings hub. :wink:

do NOT do this off course :point_up_2:t3: its only my lame attempt at a cybersec joke.

in rooms child app please find this function:

def pageHumidity(params)	{
	if (params?.ruleNo)				state.pageRuleNo = params.ruleNo;
	else if (state.passedParams)	state.pageRuleNo = state.passedParams.ruleNo;
	def ruleNo = state.pageRuleNo
	def fHum = settings["fromHumidity$ruleNo"]
	def tHum = settings["toHumidity$ruleNo"]
	dynamicPage(name: "pageHumidity", title: "Edit Rule Humidity", install: false, uninstall: false)	{
		section()	{
			input "fromHumidity$ruleNo", "decimal", title: "From humidity?", required: (tHum ? true : false), defaultValue: null, range: "0.1..$tHum", submitOnChange: true
			input "toHumidity$ruleNo", "decimal", title: "To humidity?", required: (fHum ? true : false), defaultValue: null, range: "$fHum..100", submitOnChange: true
		}
	}
}

replace those 2 input lines with the following 2 lines:

input "fromHumidity$ruleNo", "decimal", title: "From humidity?", required: (tHum ? true : false), defaultValue: null, range: "0.1..${(tHum ?: 100.0)}", submitOnChange: true
input "toHumidity$ruleNo", "decimal", title: "To humidity?", required: (fHum ? true : false), defaultValue: null, range: "${(fHum ?: 0.1)}..100.0", submitOnChange: true

leaving the rest as is. then save and publish and try again please.

i havent been able to try this on my own install because i cant reproduce the error no matter what. but lets see how it goes with yours.

Making the changes allowed me to set the humidity values in the rule without error. Iā€™ve set this and Iā€™ll review today.

1 Like

So it starts the fan when the humidity enters the threshold (72-99), but does not turn if off after.

will check. thank you

I have two room that are stuck in vacant. I can switch them to sleep, locked or vacant only. Sensors will not switch to engaged or csn o do it manually via app.

Hi Bangali,

Iā€™m receiving the following error ā€œjava.lang.ClassCastExceptionā€ when I try to setup the announcement settings. I have " Radiant360 R1 Wi-Fi/Bluetooth Speaker" using the ā€œLAN SamsungAudioā€ DTH . This happens for new and existing rooms. I got the error when I first selected the speakers and saved the settings. Now, wheneverI try to access the announcement settings it takes me to an error page. The error page has the following message, ā€œSomethingā€™s Wrong, We canā€™t load your screen right now.ā€

Other than that this is an amazing app and will take time to realize itā€™s full potential.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Update: Donā€™t seem to have this in the new app. Only in the Classic app.

xraive

I also wanted to add that Iā€™m also unable to add speakers, speech devices and media players from the main settings page and the room settings. I get the following error messages when trying to add my Samsung Radiant or Google Mini speakers, " Error refreshing page". I was also able to get this from the log under ā€˜Rooms Managerā€™,

[15affee0-82fb-427c-81f9-a0844c35753f](https://graph-na04-useast2.api.smartthings.com/ide/logs#15affee0-82fb-427c-81f9-a0844c35753f) 8:34:49 PM: error java.lang.ClassCastException

Any help would be appreciated.

Hi, I am having this same issue with speakers, the app is fantastic but Iā€™d really like to get this to work as when I try and set up speakers it breaks and I have to remove the entire app and start over. Trying to use Google Assist Relay speakers. Thank you!

Try using the new app. It working for me at the moment.

Good day. Sorry for my ignorance but Iā€™m reading this thread trying to understand what exactly does your DTH do. I always get updates but still wonder why not just use the normal motion and contact sensor to trigger things.
So my question to everyone is
A) what have people been doing with this thread
B) is it working in the new V3 smartthings app
C) are there false alarms and what are the benefits.

Any help is much appreciated.

I have just discovered Room Manager and thinks itā€™s great - have automated some rooms which I previously used Webcore for and much easier.

One thing thatā€™s causing problems for me is the use of contact sensors to trigger occupied/engaged. I would like to trigger it when I open a door, not just when I close it. Is this possible?

I believe If you enable ā€œcontact sensor on outside doorā€, open will be used instead of closed for the contact sensor(s).

Thanks for advising me of the option. It worked so can now trigger my lights by opening doors and motion.

Is anyone else having a problem with the Asleep settings?

As soon as I configure a value for ā€œWakeup room at timeā€ and click Save, the Asleep Settings screen will not load again. It just shows ā€œSomethingā€™s Wrong. We canā€™t load your screen right now.ā€

If I create a new room, the Asleep settings page loads fine. I can set a switch to trigger it, I can also set the ā€œSet room to asleep at timeā€ without issue. The failure starts only after ā€œWakeup room at timeā€ is configured.

Once a room gets into this state, I also canā€™t delete it from the smartapp. It gives another error. Can only delete it from the IDE.

Grab a live log for the toom in the ide while youā€™re trying to save the room and generate the error. Then sanitize (get rid of any personal info) and post the log snippet while tagging @bangali

Thatā€™s the thingā€¦the room saves fine.

12:04:58 PM: debug (Broken Sleep Room) updated: 1514 ms
12:04:57 PM: info updateRoom (Broken Sleep Room)

It fails when I tap ā€œAsleep Settingsā€ in the Smartapp. But no error is sent to the IDE.

Iā€™m using the Android Smartthings Classic app if that helps.

Edit: forgot to tag @bangali

Then do whatever it is that generates the error. Thats what hes going to want to see.