SmartThings Community

Rooms Manager: Smarter Rooms: Personalized home automation with Occupancy

rooms
smartrules
microlocation
project_sensors
manager

(AaronW) #483

Thank you! I will set this up today and test accordingly. I like the idea of the TV being monitored by a smart plug. What do you use?

Thanks so much for all your help. I was curious about one thing. I want to set up different rules based not so much on time of day but on lux value. For example what I am trying to do is set a certain color temp and level for lux values between 0-100 and a different configuration for lux values of 100-500 etc. It appears in the rule section that I can only input a single lux value is this correct?

Second question (FAR LESS IMPORTANT) when I create a rule for a room and assign it a name the name is not displayed in the rule list. Instead what is displayed is the specifics of the rule. For instance I have one ruled I called Dining Motion and it shows up listed as
State=[occupied, engaged] ON=[Dining1, Dining 2]

I am sure I am just missing some settings somewhere. Again thank you for all of your hard work this is a great tool

(the rooms manager guy) #485

you are welcome. centralite the higher wattage one.

(the rooms manager guy) #486

you are welcome!

1. use AL=Auto Level settings or create multiple rules with different lux values and their corresponding level and color temperature.
  2. was trying to keep display compact. :slight_smile: will take another look.

thank you.

(AaronW) #487

Just an FYI…the simplicity of what you did here is exactly what one needs to quickly get up and running. I leveraged that to baseline every room to be similar and then when back in to do adjacent rooms, lux settings and also lighting rules (one for normal usage - home - and one for security - alarm stay). I will report back my findings. Great app!

(Darren) #488

I know, the thread about the issue went to 112 pages. It was crazy :frowning:

Just updated to latest version, shall retry.

Your example makes sense. Thank you.

[RELEASE] HousePanel Dashboard for SmartThings and Hubitat
(Nathan Curtis) #489

@bangali
Error report
Enter SmartApp
Enter Room (any existing room)
Change something (I picked switch to Easy Settings)
Hit Save

***Error Saving Page
Net effect is cannot update an existing room.

Logs:
52b324df-40ac-4a62-aacb-aef408254219 ‎4‎:‎32‎:‎14‎ ‎PM: error java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot execute null+null
52b324df-40ac-4a62-aacb-aef408254219 ‎4‎:‎32‎:‎13‎ ‎PM: debug childCreated
52b324df-40ac-4a62-aacb-aef408254219 ‎4‎:‎32‎:‎13‎ ‎PM: debug updated
52b324df-40ac-4a62-aacb-aef408254219 ‎4‎:‎32‎:‎11‎ ‎PM: debug childCreated
52b324df-40ac-4a62-aacb-aef408254219 ‎4‎:‎32‎:‎11‎ ‎PM: debug childCreated
52b324df-40ac-4a62-aacb-aef408254219 ‎4‎:‎32‎:‎07‎ ‎PM: error java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot execute null+null
52b324df-40ac-4a62-aacb-aef408254219 ‎4‎:‎32‎:‎06‎ ‎PM: debug childCreated
52b324df-40ac-4a62-aacb-aef408254219 ‎4‎:‎32‎:‎06‎ ‎PM: debug updated
52b324df-40ac-4a62-aacb-aef408254219 ‎4‎:‎32‎:‎04‎ ‎PM: debug childCreated
52b324df-40ac-4a62-aacb-aef408254219 ‎4‎:‎32‎:‎04‎ ‎PM: debug childCreated
52b324df-40ac-4a62-aacb-aef408254219 ‎4‎:‎31‎:‎44‎ ‎PM: debug childCreated
52b324df-40ac-4a62-aacb-aef408254219 ‎4‎:‎31‎:‎44‎ ‎PM: debug childCreated

(the rooms manager guy) #490

@nathancu the app recognized you as not first time user :wink:

will check thanks :slight_smile:

btw if you uncheck easy setting does it still have the same issue saving?

thanks

(Nathan Curtis) #491

Yes. Pretty much impossible to save or delete a room through the app at the moment.

(AaronW) #492

So I bought a WeMo Insight and have installed a custom DTH that shows watts being used. Is there anything else you need to do in the “Living Room” besides go into Other Devices and select your power meter?

(the rooms manager guy) #493

outside so didnt try changing and saving … but if i try to remove a new room i created i am getting an error. which is strange because there is no actual code in the app for remove … will check more in a couple of hours when back from dinner.

sorry.

(the rooms manager guy) #494

nice! also set the power value to consider room engaged in engaged settings.

(the rooms manager guy) #495

@nathancu back but cant repro the issue with saving. remove which literally has no code associated with it is erroring out for me without anything in the logs.

what concerns me is the ST status continues to report ongoing issues. i spent quite a bit of time last week debugging my own setup which turned out to be ST issues and nothing app specific.

i am going to hold off till am to check further. not saying there isnt an issue but with these framework issues its hard to be deterministic where the issue is.

sorry.

Dont know if this is helpful but I am also unable to delete rooms in the app. There does not seem to be any error messages in the logs but the problem has been persistent for the last two days.
Thanks again for all your hard work.

(the rooms manager guy) #497

thank you for confirming that … thats also what i am seeing … do you see any issues saving rooms?

thanks.

I dont seem to have issues creating new rooms or saving updates to existing rooms. It is just if I try to remove a room using the app.

(the rooms manager guy) #499

thanks. that is what i am seeing as well.

not sure how much to dig for now given the ongoing ST issues after latest firmware update and there is literally nothing being logged.

Hi, I’m seeing a couple of issues that I can reproduce consistently:

1. I entered a value to dim lights in the Checking State Settings. As soon as my checking state timer expires, the lights go off, but then come back on again immediately even though the room’s state is vacant and there is no motion. As soon as I remove the dim value, the lights turn off and don’t come back on when the room is vacant.

2. If I use the “Power value to set room to engaged” option and I have the “When resetting room from ENGAGED directly move to VACANT state” enabled, it goes to “checking” when the power value is below the threshold I have set. Not a big deal, but it does seem to be ignoring that setting. If I use a switch instead, it goes straight to “vacant”.

(the rooms manager guy) #501

for any of the lights turning off then on please check the recently tab and share the list of commands issued. best if you can share a screen snapshot.

will fix in next update. just holding off on updates for now due to ST issues.

As requested, here are my screenshots: