[Migrated to Custom Capabilities] Rooms Manager: Smarter Rooms: Personalized rules based home automation with rooms Occupancy sensing from devices you already have in your home

were you able to get this working? if not please dont hesitate to ping me. :slight_smile:

Yes thanks. Thank you for your guidance.

1 Like

made some good progress on the device tiles updates. there are still a few cleanups. more verbose hopefully easier to read for all but specially for new users. hoping to get this out tomorrow.

5 Likes

UPDATE: updated version 0.14.0 to github with the following changes:

*  Version: 0.14.0
*   DONE:   2/25/2018
*   1) update device tiles to be more verbose.
4 Likes

any of you on twiiter? if yes please consider retweeting/loving this one to spread the word:

thank you.

3 Likes

Sorry if this is covered I havenā€™t seem to find the answerā€¦

Can I restrict a swithch/light from coming on (or off) when motion occurs but another device is already on (or off)?

For example: when thereā€™s a motion in the kitchen turn on the island lights unless the overhead can lights are already on.

what if you set the can light as the engaged switch? then have 2 rules:

• one for occupied state which turns on the island lights with motion
  • one for engaged state which turns off the island lights

Thanks/Sorry - I probably wasnā€™t clear with my question.

The actual set-up is this

Kitchen counter light
Kitchen island lights

I want to have the Kitchen Counter Lights come on with motion and only if the Kitchen Island lights are off

I know how to write the logic with if then else but can not figure it out in app.

If kitchen motion sensor is triggered and island lights are off and luminance is below 8000 then turn on the kitchen counter lightsā€¦or something like that

Hope that is clearer.

BTW love the app

1 Like

no worries.

• in engaged settings add the kitchen island lights switch as the engaged switch.
  • create a rule name: counter, state: occupied, lux: 8000, switch on: kitchen counter lights

set the timeouts in occupied and engaged settings as you want and you should be good to go.

Bangali, Big thank you for all your continued hard work. Iā€™ve been playing with your Rooms Manager and have really started to get some great intergrations going with multi sensors, lights, speakers, Harmony & Webcore pistons. If it wasnt for the likes of you devs guys then mere mortals like myself would never really get the full potential out of ST and our gadgets. With blinds and thermostats next on the list, your work on Rooms has really met my expectations for IoT.

Iā€™ll happily donate to the cause if that helps

2 Likes

thank you.

others have asked me this question as well and i have debated putting up a paypal link or an wallet address. just hesitating because dont want users to think that a donation is required or expected. at the same time if a user donates because the app extends the value they get from their home automation then as a dev that does make you feel good.

thats the quandary. :slight_smile:

thanks again.

Understood ā€“ been there with projects Iā€™ve worked on outside the IoT sphere and honestly, I dont think a paypal link with ā€œdonateā€ as the call to action is a bad idea for this

Hell - Webcore itself has a paypal link at the top of the page and there are a hellovalot more users than those with a donated badge :slight_smile:

1 Like

UPDATE: updated to github with the following changes:

*  Version: 0.15.2
*   DONE:   3/5/2018
*   1) added support for icon URL setting for icon to display for each room.
*  Version: 0.15.0
*   DONE:   3/2/2018
*   1) added icons to main settings page for room.
*  Version: 0.14.6
*   DONE:   2/28/2018
*   1) added support for humidity sensor in rules.
*   2) added contact stays open notification.
*  Version: 0.14.4
*   DONE:   2/26/2018
*   1) added support for battery check and annoucement on low battery.
*  Version: 0.14.2
*   DONE:   2/25/2018
*   1) added setting for annoucement volume.
*   2) added support for outside door open/close announcement.
1 Like

heres a partial view of room settings with icons. btw the icon for the room displayed by the room name is user customizable :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@bangali, hi.

1. Now i can setup my bedroom ceiling fan turn on at xx% ( level 33 is LOW ) in Occupied, Engaged state.
    But I donā€™t know how to setup : fan only turn on when temperature in the room above 72 degree and turn off if temperature is equal or below 72 degree.
  2. Could you add LANNouncer in the Other Devices , I donā€™t have SONOS speaker.
    Thanks.
1 Like

not ignoring you ā€¦ i need to add fan support ā€¦ will update in a day or two. :slight_smile:

1 Like

which DTH are you using with the fan?

thanks.

@bangali , hi .

• I use DTH from ChadCK :
    Z-Wave Smart Fan Control Custom Device Type
  • I use the Smartapps : 3 Speed Ceiling Fan Thermostat From Dalec
    [RELEASE] 3 Speed Ceiling Fan Thermostat
    With this apps I can not set the time , fan turn on but nobody in the room. If I set up with motion device, when I sleep , no motion , the fan not turn on. And donā€™t have a timer ( fan still run 2, 3 hours after the bed room light turn off ).

Thanks.

1 Like

thanks. so a dimmer switch with 3 level settings ā€¦ when the level is set to 33% it turns on at low etc.

i will try it on dimmer switch but since i dont actually have a fan will need you to please confirm it works ok with the fan. i will get this coded and share for you to try.

thanks.

1 Like

Hi @bangali

Do you ever put your feet up to rest :slight_smile:

I see in some previous post your were drinking Guinness, come to Ireland this weekend, and fill up :slight_smile:

Question for you if you donā€™t mind. Iā€™m using your Holiday Lights Piston and I set up another date range to change my outdoor light for St Patricks weekend. When i run test on the piston directly in webcore, off it runs and the lights turn on and change perfectly ie piston is working as it should

Normally i run my outdoor lights via Rooms Manager. I donā€™t use any of the room states in this instance, I just have two simple rules and On and Off. Turn on lights between sunset and sunrise. Turn lights off from sunrise to sunset.

Iā€™ve change the turn on rule from turning on the lights directly (which i removed) to now call the Holiday Piston (which will turn on the lights via the piston), however it doesnā€™t activate the lights for me.

Am I missing something?

Thanks

1 Like