[Migrated to Custom Capabilities] Rooms Manager: Smarter Rooms: Personalized rules based home automation with rooms Occupancy sensing from devices you already have in your home

sorry hadnt pushed it … give me a few minutes will push … :slight_smile:

please edit the rooms and save them … you dont need to change anything.

done. please give it a shot.

thank you.

for this scenario do you have the hallway defined as a “room” with the motion sensor? trying to understand if there is motion in the hallway why the lights wouldnt turn on with motion on the hallway motion sensor. if you will please share what settings are specified in the app for this room will give try it out with the same setup.

thanks.

@Bangali, i updated the app, and reset up the room (I had previously deleted it). Unfortunately there is no change. The room goes from vacant to occupied, lights go on, but then dim and then off.

Initial lux value is 0, below are the rest of the settings I used.

2 Motion Sensors in the room (One Fiabro, one MI). THe Mi sensor has a blind time of 60 seconds. I have set my sensor to show active for 45 seconds.
1 Door sensor
When occupied change room to vacant with no motion after 90 seconds
Used Last Motion Active
Switches: Rooms
Set Level: 100%
Set Color: Soft White - Default

Turn Off which Switches when room changes to Vacant
Switches: Rooms
Dim lights for how many seconds: 10
Dim light by what level: 50%

Change room to engaged
Contact Sensor: Door to room
Require motion with … 30

Lux threshold to turn On and Off Switches
Fibaro Motion Sensor in the same room
Lux Value: 50

No Changes made to any other setting.

@Bangali - yes the hall is defined as a room. This hallway has 3 motion sensors. 1 by front door, 1 by stairs and 1 by kitchen door.

I will reset up this scenario for you and report back, it will be tomorrow at this stage, I’m on GMT time and its late now.

Something broke in one of the last updates.

When I set the When ‘Occupied’ change room to ‘Vacant’ with No Motion, the use las motion active or inactive event is not working now.

I have always had it set to turn off 15 minutes after no motion and it was working up until I upgraded today :frowning:

checking. do you have any other settings specified for the room? the switches dont turn off or room doesn’t move back to vacant? or both?

The room does go back to vacant, but the motion sensor is still active.

Here are all my room settings:

Motion sensor in the living room to change room state to occupied - this works

When ‘Occupied’, change Room to ‘VACANT’, with No Motion - It is only respecting the time I have defined, not that I have it set to, after the sensor changed to in active.

The switch defintions work fine (correct switch is turning on/off)

Turn OFF switches - works

I think that my outside lux sensor it working at the specified value.

One last thing, what is the setting, Turn OFF ALL switch(es) when Lux value rises or Time is outside of window, for?

got it. found the regression bug i introduced while doing some work on the adjacent rooms feature. its fixed now but i dont want to push it at night will push to github tomorrow.

since the switches on and switches off are different settings i needed to create an option to turn off all switches. how i use this is:

for my living room i want lights to turn on between certain times if lux is below a certain threshold i want the lights to turn on (switches on). but after they turn on i only want some of the lights to stay on if there is motion and turn others off (switches off) if there is no motion for some time.

then turn off the lights at a certain time of day or if lux goes up again like it happens on days with thunderstorm or rain. but when it turns off via lux going over threshold or outside of the time window i want all lights to turn off both in the switches on and switches off setting. i also skip all of this if we have people over for a party and house is in party mode.

UPDATE: updated version 0.05.0 to github with the following changes:

*  Version: 0.05.0
*   DONE:   11/13/2017
*   1) expanded the adjacent room settings. if you specify adjacent rooms you can choose 2 options:
*       i) if there is motion in an adjacent room you can force the current room to check for motion and on no
*           motion change room state to vacant.
*      ii) if there is motion in an adjacent room you can turn on lights in this room if it is currently vacant.
*           this allows for the adjacent rooms feature to be used as a light your pathway can kind of setup.
*   2) some bug fixes.

UPDATE: updated version 0.05.1 to github with the following changes:

*  Version: 0.05.1
*   DONE:   11/15/2017
*   1) added setting to select which days of week this rooms automation should run.

I’ve forked bangali’s source and implemented occupancy detection using the “wasp in a box” technique:

I’ve also added PresenceSensor capability to the virtual occupancy device, and removed handling of switches/lights from the smartapp, since this separate functionality is better handled by other smartapps.

@bangali: thank you very much for your contribution!

nice. you are welcome.

thought there was at least one of those around already. rooms manager also includes the “wasp in a box” functionality when you define motion sensor, contact sensor and adjacent rooms. though it does use occupancy state instead of presence sensors to record that.

I wish :wink:

EDIT: found it:

Great DTH!

Been playing around with this for the past week trying to get all the settings together. So far so good.

1: would you be able to add the option for offsetting ‘sunset’ & ‘sunrise’ in [Time range to turn ON and OFF Switch(es) when Room is ‘OCCUPIED’ or ‘ENGAGED’]

1 Like

thank you.

that sounds great!

yes thats on my list of todos just have not gotten to it, but will do.

UPDATE: updated version 0.05.5. I added a feature for the asleep state to this app. Now you can add a sleep sensor to see if you’re asleep or not. When you’re asleep and motion is detected it is possible to dim the switches before they go on. This way the lights aren’t so bright when you have to get up in the night. When you go back to bed it’s possible to toggle the lights with a button. Thank you @bangali for letting me in on this little project :smiley:

2 Likes

UPDATE: updated version 0.05.7 to github with the following changes:

*  Version: 0.05.7
*   DONE:   11/20/2017
*   1) added support for room busy check and setting ENGAGED state based on how busy room is.
*   2) added support for arrival and/or departure action when using presence sensor.
*   3) some bug fixes.

UPDATE: updated version 0.05.8 & 0.05.9 to github with the following changes. some from @johhnwilliam and others from me.

if you are using Rooms Occupancy with say webCoRe note that “occupancyStatus” is now called “occupancy”. there is no impact if you are using this from ST app only. sorry for the breaking change.

*  Version: 0.05.9
*   DONE:   11/21/2017
*   1) changed name of 'occupancyStatus' to just 'occupancy' to be consistent with ST.
*   2) added switches to turn on and off when room changes to asleep. switches set to turn on are also turned off
*           when room changes away from asleep.
*   2) some bug fixes.
*  Version: 0.05.8
*   DONE:   11/20/2017
*   1) Changed configuration pages
1 Like

Hi,

Would it makes sense to allow the room to be set back to vacant when a light switch is turned off? I suppose I could just do that in webCoRE, but was wondering if you could include it in the app.

sure. but help me with the use case a bit … a room will normally reset back to vacant when motion timeouts if you set a motion timeout value. so not sure how a switch to set to vacant would be useful?