Roller shade going only half way down

When I close the roller shade with My Home, Things in the mobile app, it closes all the way. The app doesn’t detect the new state after the shade closes

b0fa9178-6ad1-4521-be4b-cf21db58d50c 2:02:18 PM: debug Qubino Flush Shutter: close()

When I open the roller shade with My Home, Things in the mobile app, it opens all the way. The app doesn’t detect the new state after the shade opens.

b0fa9178-6ad1-4521-be4b-cf21db58d50c 2:03:22 PM: debug Qubino Flush Shutter: open()

I have a routine to close the roller shade at sunset. When it runs, the roller shade goes half way down. I don’t know why the routine runs setLevel() instead of close. In the routine settings, I selected close.

ceda8899-8199-4ba6-bcd4-c6a23c10b645 2:05:52 PM: trace getPhrases(), state.welcomeIssue = null
ceda8899-8199-4ba6-bcd4-c6a23c10b645 2:05:12 PM: trace getPhrases(), state.welcomeIssue = null
ceda8899-8199-4ba6-bcd4-c6a23c10b645 2:05:12 PM: trace getPhrases(), state.welcomeIssue = null
963a108a-1741-4b89-a1ce-80fa69cbe05c 2:05:11 PM: info HH execute(true, null, null), newMode: null
b0fa9178-6ad1-4521-be4b-cf21db58d50c 2:05:11 PM: debug Qubino Flush Shutter: setLevel()

When I use the Leviton momentary contact switch, nothing appears in the log, and the mobile app doesn’t recognize the state change.

I have the same problem with Qubino Flush DC Shutter. It works fine when executing individual commands manually thru the device page but any automation/routine results in opening half way only and not closing down at all. The workaround for me is to use WebCore but that’s another point of delay/failure. Opened a ticket with SmartThings in July 2018 and they basically said - “We don’t support it”. I asked if it can be escalated regardless but obviously they did not do anything about it.

Bought it from @TheSmartestHouse and hoping they or @Kjamsek will respond and check the DTH for some code issues.

Thank you for letting us know! We haven’t seen it before and have forwarded the issue to Qubino (they created the handler) so hopefully it will be addressed shortly if the issue is with the handler code itself. We’ll keep you posted.

The device handler does need to be fixed. There are multiple problems with it. I tried to contact Qubino, but they didn’t respond.

Tagging @TheSmartestHouse to make sure they read this additional info.

Thanks! We did take note and reached out to Qubino for assistance this morning. They created the handler but it was a while ago and it may need updates to work better with the changing platform. We’ll keep you posted on the progress!

@Dissonance @djsvetljo I don’t have one of these but can try to help you troubleshoot. Can one of you find this function in the device handler:

def setLevel(level) {
	log.debug "Qubino Flush Shutter: setLevel()"
	if(level > 99) level = 99
	zwave.switchMultilevelV3.switchMultilevelSet(value: level, dimmingDuration: 0x00).format()
}

And change it to this (note that we’re editing the existing function and adding a second one):

def setLevel(level) {
	log.debug "Qubino Flush Shutter: setLevel(${level})"
	zwave.switchMultilevelV3.switchMultilevelSet(value: level, dimmingDuration: 0x00).format()
}

def setLevel(String strLevel) {
	def level = strLevel.toInteger()
	log.debug "Qubino Flush Shutter: setLevel(${level}) s"
}

Then run your routine with live logging open in the IDE. If the shade doesn’t close all the way, post the log line that includes setLevel().

1 Like

My thought on this is that the routine is calling setLevel and passing a level of ‘100’, but as a string instead of an integer. In ASCII, the character ‘1’ is 49, and ‘0’ is 48. The ASCII code for the second 0 is getting transmitted, setting your shade to 48.

That makes sense. I will try it towards the weekend cause my shade motor is outdoors and its -20F here - I am not sure if it will spin or seize up.

I updated my device handler with your code. I will post back in a couple days to let you know if it worked.

Another problem I’m have is after changing my roller shade with the mobile app, the state change is not acknowledged by the mobile app.

By the mobile app, do you mean the ST Classic app or the new ST app?

Can you give some more detail on the behavior you’re seeing? Does the shade always show open? or close? or is it reversed? What shows in the “Recently” tab for the device when you open and close?

Also, what do you have configured for parameter 76 in the device settings?

I’m using the classic app. If I close the shade with the app, the icon changes from open to closing, but then never changes to close. If I reopen the app, it detects the current state of the shade.

Parameter 76 says default 30.

So, you press close, it says closing but never changes away from that. Then you close/reopen the app and the shade correctly shows as closed in the app?

Yes, that is correct.

Then that means that the closed report from the shutter is getting back to the ST hub and is being processed correctly. It isn’t a device handler issue. It sounds like it’s just lag. Looking at the logs you posted back in September, it took 23 seconds from the time you pushed close until the shutter sent back a confirmation that it was closed. That’s the minimum amount of time before the app would show it as closed. Added to that is that the app doesn’t refresh immediately. Sometimes it helps to bounce around between screens to help it refresh.

I don’t have one of these, so I have no idea if the 23 second delay in reporting closed is reasonable. Is that about how long it takes it to physically close?

Just a quick update guys, Qubino’s team was able to recreate the issues and they’re now working on a solution. We hope to have it sometime next week. Thanks for your patience!

Awesome!!!

Both handlers for the Shutter and Shutter DC have been updated (shutter DC is still being tested though):

Shutter AC: https://github.com/QubinoDeviceHandlers/SmartThings/blob/master/DeviceHandlers/Qubino/FlushShutter/QubinoFlushShutterDeviceHandler.groovy

Shutter DC:

Let us know if the new code is working better!

The DC seems to be working for me. It longer stops half way with routines. Thank you! Where do we vote for the best customer support company? :slight_smile:

1 Like