Roku new streaming players (September 2018)

and Roku will soon let you control its devices and Roku TVs with Google Assistant. Expected to ship 10/07/18

4 Likes

I wish they had a few more wired options…not that my wireless is a problem. I just prefer streaming over wired connections.

2 Likes

I stick to Roku Ultra (no pun intended) and use the Ethernet port for reliability. Even though it is not needed, I wish the port were 1000 Mbit rather than 100 Mbit. It is one of the few devices I have that would get more bandwidth via wifi than wired. Again, I am quite sure there is no benefit for the extra bandwidth so my desire is mere geekiness.

Agreed! The price point on 1GB NICs has come down so much, they are very hard to find on workstations/laptops, anymore. At home, I have over 200MB/s download (recently clocked at 215MB/s down) and I have a 1GB switch, meaning I can give 1GB to any device that needs it. If I start building me a Plex server (which will probably happen soon), I fully plan on ripping all my BluRay to it and having that bandwidth would mean instant on as far as picking movies…but, I think that is for another forum.