Ring vs Skybell vs Kuna vs?

I’d like to see a built-in microSD for local recording and app playback. My Lorex Ping cams have that, and it eliminates the need for cloud storage and related monthly fees.

You can file a complaint here
https://www.bbb.org/consumer-complaints/file-a-complaint/get-started

This was the only way to get skybell attention. Skybell will still drag it out.

2 Likes

Kuna! And please install it on a little higher fixture if you go the Kuna way. Look for my review by searching “kuna” in the forum else you will have a little issue with the kuna lights’s glass fixture blocking a tiny portion of the camera feed.

1 Like

Where can you purchase the Zilink? It does appear to be available in the US.

This is what I’ve been saying! Design flaw in my opinion!

this is the same product listed here.

Yes I realize this reply is a bit late tot he game but… I wanted to post some findings. My friend Holly is using a SmartThings hub AND a Wink Hub, and testing a few devices there. I’m using all HomeKit devices only, though I had tested ST stuff at one point.

MY latest blog post review is about door bells and is here:
https://t.co/N5N4buPyjV

My friend was sad to see no ST integration. Will they add that? She said it does integrate now with Wink, but the Ring device she is testing doesn’t integrate with ST, or anything else really… and my SkyBell only integrates with NEST right now and nothing else. Guess we’ll see what the future holds!

Excellent review, I’d be interested to see what you think of the Kuna. I find it has less of a fisheye effect than the ring. Also, I can’t remember, can you get a live feed from the Ring or only when the motion sensor is triggered? One of the things I really like about the Kuna is I can check the live feed any time which is good for checking to see if my housemate brought in the packages that came earlier in the day.

As so often happens, it comes down to which features are most important to each person. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Totally agree. What works for one person might not for another. And of course pricing is often a deciding factor for people. :smile:

To answer your questions-- the Ring currently still lacks on-demand viewing. That is one feature that the SkyBell HD (and older SkyBell 2.0) do offer, to be able to call up the camera anytime you want. That is a feature I really like, that my friend wished she had at her house/Ring.

Kuna was on my short list of devices I wanted to test, but sadly my house porch only has one light which is hung from the over-hang. Meaning the lights that Kuna offers right now aren’t able to work for me. Down the road if they offered one, I’d consider it-- one that mounts from the “ceiling” of my stoop.

Another interesting option that hasn’t yet been released, maybe has even been abandoned for all we know, but sounds interesting:

1 Like

I can’t speak about the others but DO NOT get a Skybell. You WILL waste your money.

I’m on my 2nd Skybell replacement (3rd doorbell) and it still doesn’t work properly. After an exhaustive back and forth with tech support, apparently, if you live in a normal house with a slight overhang above your door (like most homes), your Skybell video and pics will be very grainy and show only in black and white. The camera is so poor. Yet it is “acceptable” to Skybell’s standards. I am so disappointed with mine that I uninstalled it. Skybell offered me their latest doorbell if I pay $100 in exchange for my 2nd generation doorbell. Basically, they wanted me to pay another $100 so I can get a doorbell to perform the way they had originally advertised. I didn’t want to waste another penny because they do not cover the shipping on returns.

Ps: If anyone would like sample pics that I’ve saved, I can send them to you. Just reply to this text with your email
and I will forward “acceptable” pics to you.

Kuna all the way. And there are tons of additional features coming soon. Just look out… :slight_smile: via firmware and app update.

Again the same disclaimer. I am not related to them in any form but support this small company which delivers and deserves a chance and performs much better than the popular ones…

That Kuna looks very promising. But apparently, it has no night vision. So the light has to be on throughout the whole night in order to see your video feed. Hopefully soon. Until then I will wait.

I have the Kuna and I like it. The way it works is that the motion detector turns on both the light and the camera. So actually the night picture is very good quality. :sunglasses: Especially good for its intended purpose, which is covering the front door. On automatic setting, the light stays on the whole time the cameras is on, then turns off again. so it’s not on all night. Just when it’s needed.

Or you can turn the light on manually and leave it on all night if you want. Or put it on a time setting. You have a lot of choices.

2 Likes

The Kuna sounds like a great product and it looks great too. Thanks for the clarification.

And I can “guarantee” you some interesting features are coming soon some in days and some in weeks )not weeks as in ST weeks. No pun intended).

2 Likes

@JDRoberts and @smart, Thank you both for your reviews of the Kuna Light. I put one up a few weeks ago. It is all you said and more. Video quality is awesome! My light is set to on / off with sunset
/ sunrise. I highly recommend it.

2 Likes

Watch out for new features coming very soon! :wink:

Spill the beans damn you! :smiley:

1 Like

Patience is virtue! :wink:

Not when you keep teasing us! :smile:

2 Likes