Ring adds three connected Spotlight Cams

It’s a battery powered one

Seems those can’t be added

Battery operated ring spotlight cam not listed in devices for Ring in the SmartThings app. Is it still the case that the battery powered light can not be added yet? I was hoping that when motion was detected I could watch it on my Q6 tv.

Also, do I have to have a Samsung SmartThings Hub to link my Phillips Hue lights to my Q6?

I have Ring Floodlight cam and Spotlight cam mount (both hardwired) and yet I can’t add them to Smarthings.

I’ve already successfully added my Ring Doorbell Pro a while ago and was excited to see Floodlight and Spotlight become available in the Smartthings app.

I’ve selected all 3 of my Ring devices in the Ring smartapp so I’m not sure what is going on?

Edit: NVM, they are added now. The Smartthings app never confirmed adding the Floodlight or Spotlight but they showed up later. Strange.

Anyways, if we can have live view added in the future, that would be a bonus.

18 months later and we still don’t have integrations for the Floodlight Camera from official Ring/Samsung sources.

:frowning:

You don’t? Everyone else’s floodlight cams started working several months ago.

Use the Ring connect app to get connected.

prjct92eh2 & icuc

Happy New Year.

Yes, the lights and motion work. I am referring to the camera view functionality. There are no camera options in the Ring Connect app or the devices in Smartthings. Using Alexa to show camera views with the Ring Skill disabled doesn’t work. Disabling Ring means the Echo device is forced to use the Smartthings integration I setup.

If anyone knows of a way to get camera views working, I’d love to know how.

I don’t think you could change the camera view or zoom option.

Why would you disable the Ring skill? I always use the manufacturers skill if offered and exclude those devices from the SmartThings skill.

SmartThings, and the manufacturers API, controls whether a device has live view from within the SmartThings app.

I’m not looking to change view or perspective. Just looking to view the camera feed or be able to make a Ring Video show up in an ST supported display device.

The Ring Connect SmartApp does not seem to support video for the floodlight cam. So all the write ups and how - to’s I’ve read here on the site Never discuss video, just motion and lights.

So calling the floodlight cam fully supported seems incongruous to me.

photo

Shawn W. Hank

208-600-3814 | shawn@jillandshawn.com

“You have to enjoy life. Always be surrounded by people that you like, people who have a nice conversation. There are so many positive things to think about.” - Sophia Loren

Some one please show me a working video feed in ST via Ring Connect and the associated SmartApp setup, and I’ll be glad to stay quiet.

photo

Shawn W. Hank

208-600-3814 | shawn@jillandshawn.com

“You have to enjoy life. Always be surrounded by people that you like, people who have a nice conversation. There are so many positive things to think about.” - Sophia Loren

That’s what i’m telling you; if it doesn’t exist there is nothing you can do. My Ring Doorbell Pro has live view within SmartThings, but that’s obviously not the same device as the Floodlight. If it doesn’t exist, then all you can do is email support and request it so they can keep track of demand.

Also, when replying via email, i would recommend removing your email signature.

Thanks, Jimmy for confirming my results.

There may be nothing to do here on the ST platform. Ring/Amazon is pretty much bent on keeping things in the Amazon wheelhouse.

I’ll keep looking and see if there are other custom methods to access the video feed.

May just be easier to use another platform that handles that better than ST.

Many thanks,

//Shawn

Last I heard, it was a problem with the Ring API. so another platform probably won’t be any better except for the Amazon Echo Show. good luck!