Rheem EcoNet

@Justin_Huff

RE: my custom commands in Rule Machine…

I checked the old code, and it looks like yours has the same capabilities. So, I guess that’s not the issue with getting the rules to work.

Looking at the custom commands, I see that they are using the following command…
setHeatingSetpoint

When I look at the code for the old device, I see that command in it, but not in your updated one. I assume this must be a result of part of what was changed in the API…

OK, it looks like it got changed from setHeatingSetpoint to setSetPoint.
Is there any chance of adding the ability for the device to work with the command setHeatingSetpoint?

The reason I ask (beside the fact that I’m not at all experienced in coding) is that the SmartApp, Rule Machine can’t really be modified to work with different command sets, etc.

If this device can’t use the setHeatingSetpoint command directly, is there any way of adding in a translation mechanism of some sort, so that setHeatingSetpoint commands can be sent to it and it does the work of translating that unusable command into the correct command for the API?

EDIT: Checking on THIS (@Mike_Maxwell 's Universal Virtual Device Type and Translator).