RESOLVED: "You are not authorized to perform the requested operation" loging into Android Mobile App

RESOLVED:
The SmartThings platform problem that caused this was eventually fixed.
However, that fix didn’t actually fix what got broken as a result of that platform brokenness.

I had to reset the URL for the effected SmartTiles dashboards, and use the new URL. Once I did that, they were all fine again.

original post below…

I just tried opening the SmartThings mobile app (Android), and got a red drop-down with the following error message…
You are not authorized to perform the
requested operation

It eventually goes away, and leaves me with a mostly blank screen (just ‘Dashboard’ bar at top, and the button bar at the bottom).

I’ve fully closed the ST app, and tried again with same results.

Then, I went to the IDE to reboot the hub, logged in fine, but when I clicked on ‘My Locations’, I got this error message on the web page…
Access Denied
We’re sorry, but you are not authorized to perform the requested operation.

I will restart the hub manually, and see if things come back to life…

UPDATE:
I manually rebooted it (remove and replace power cord), but no change. :frowning:

Also, I went back into the IDE, logged in just fine, and can see all of the other pages,
but when I go to either ‘My Locations’ or ‘My Hubs’, I get the same message as before…
Access Denied
We’re sorry, but you are not authorized to perform the requested operation.

Any ideas what may be going on here?

Email support they responded it was due to an outage they will create a ticket

1 Like

Thanks. I did just that.
Hopefully it’s a quick fix :slight_smile:

ST Support responded; same issue as @cmhuk1962 and they said they will get back to me when they’ve fixed it in my account on their end. :slight_smile:

I can’t even get into the ST iOS app. Strange thing is my wifes account works perfectly. It fails with this message immediately upon login page. Support told me earlier not to expect corrections until after the weekend. With Homekit coming on strong this couldn’t hit at a worse time.

I feel your pain. :slight_smile:
Some other folks around here may feel it more precisely…

I didn’t realize it was in the iOS section when I went there at first (before I created this thread), but here is the one for this same problem in the iOS world lol

Just received another email from support

Kyle (SmartThings)
Feb 29, 10:51 AM

Hello,

My apologies for the ongoing trouble you’re experiencing right now. We had a small handful of users that experienced the same issue that you’re seeing; our engineers are working diligently on getting this fixed for you. We will let you know as soon as the problem is resolved. Thank you for your ongoing patience while we get this sorted out.

Best Regards,

[quote=“cmhuk1962, post:7, topic:40495, full:true”]
Just received another email from support…[/quote]

Yep…same message here.

I got the login issue fixed but now I can’t modify or uninstall any of my SmartApps.

I get “There was an error uninstalling your SmartApp”

Bummer.
Do you have a case open with Support?

I did about not being able to access my hub since last week fri. (since the last outage)

Finlay they fixed my access, I was not authorized to even get into my hub, but now i’m not authorized to make modifications to apps.

I just tried to change the temp.

Trying to uninstall a SmartApp in IDE

I’m able to get into the app now as well, but also still having other related problems.

In my case, some of my automations (which were all working properly before this ‘outage’) aren’t working.

e.g. when my wall-mounted Android tablets running SmartTiles turns on their screens in response to motion in the room, they display an error message in the browser instead of the SmartTiles dashboard.

The error says,
Access Denied
We’re sorry, but you are not authorized to perform the requested operation

UPDATE: The SmartThings platform problem that caused this was eventually fixed.
However, that fix didn’t actually fix what got broken as a result of that platform brokenness.

I had to reset the URL for the effected SmartTiles dashboards, and use the new URL. Once I did that, they were all fine again.

Received an email at 7pm from support and can finally get into Smartthings again. Everything seems to be back to normal.

I started getting this message today on Android today too. Not sure what to do. Send an email to support.

Nobody knows for sure, but it may be related to the SmartThings platform instability problems currently noted on the status page (LINK).

Experiencing issues on both IOS and Android.
How to open a ticket???

Send an e-mail to support@SmartThings.com

That’s not just my suggestion; it’s actually their officially expressed mechanism for getting assistance.

EDIT: If you go to their support page (LINK), you’ll find the following message in the lower right-foot (why does it always have to be the right-hand corner lol ) corner…

Email support@smartthings.com or find us on live chat from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Pacific Time, Monday through Friday.

Thanx, I figured that out seconds after posting lol
Ticket is open, they are working on it

1 Like

I am having this problem now. I contacted Support on 3rd Feb, and many times since. They are just ignoring me now.

I know this thread is old, but any suggestions on how to get this fixed?

@Cheth
Sorry, I missed this before.
I assume you’re OK again by now, but just checking…
Did you eventually hear back from them?
What were the determined cause, and resolution?