Residencial Automations - Raspiberry Pi, Relé, PIR Sensor and Python

Hello people. I am building a home automation DIY with raspiberry pi 3+, relay board and PIR presence sensors. I made a simple schedule so that when the presence sensor detects a movement it would send a signal to trigger a relay that would light a lamp. It turns out that during testing with the system the sensor detected movement while there was no movement (empty environment). I tried to regulate the sensitivity and signal range on the sensor itself, but the problems persisted. At first I thought the problem was with sensors or GPIOs, but I’ve tested it with several GPIO sensors and ports and the problem still persisted.
Then I created a record of the signals that the PIR sensor was sending to GPIO and realized that they are random signal peaks. So my problem is: I need a logic that reads the sensor signals for a period of time in order to avoid signal spikes or be sure that it’s a real moviment and not a signal spikes(for example: If the sensor detects motion for more than 2 seconds it triggers a relay, or if the sensor detects 10 movement within 2 seconds interval it triggers a relay, otherwise it resets counting).
Below is one of the revisions of the project I was trying to implement, but it is not working at all.

import RPi.GPIO as GPIO
import time
GPIO.setmode (GPIO.BOARD)
GPIO.setwarnings (False)

GPIO.setup (7, GPIO.IN)
GPIO.setup (3, GPIO.OUT)
GPIO.setup (5, GPIO.OUT)

count = 0

while True:

while GPIO.input (7) == 1:

count = count + 1
    time.sleep (0.1)
    print (count)
    if count> = 20:
        GPIO.setup (5.0)
        count = 0
        print ('Motion Detected!')

else:
        GPIO.setup (5.1)
        print ('Movement Canceled')

I hope someone can give me a light to make it work. If anyone proposes a solution that works I can post to the community so everyone can do the same.

I thank you all for your attention and cooperation.

Sds,