Resetting device handlers

I’m finding that when I switch device handlers on devices, they retain some of the attributes of the previous device handlers. I thought it would clear up over time, but I recently had one that went days without only having the attributes of the current handler. I ultimately had to delete and re-create the device. Is there any sure-fire way to properly reset without deleting the device?
Thanks!

Could be related to the “stale” device type handler issue…

FAQ: My lock/device does not pair or appears to pair but it won't show up in the mobile app or IDE - stale DTH

You used to be able to delete these through the app via the settings section of the device. The ‘orphan’ setting appeared at the bottom and you could delete them. Not sure if this still work in the new app.

Another option might via the IDE. Go into the device and edit the preferences?

Yes, I always wince when I see people being advised to switch device handlers as if there isn’t a cost to it.

I don’t think there is much that can be done other than deleting the device and starting over, or at least I never found it.

As the app now seems happier if there is an explicit ‘vid’ in a handler, you are at least generally spared a mangled UI.

1 Like