Reseting Bosch ISW-ZPR1-WP13 and Visonic MCT-340 E sensor?

Recently my hubv2 stopped working, replaced it with the new V3 hub. My bosch SW-ZPR1-WP13 and Visonic MCT-340 E sensor though are not getting paired with the new hub.

1. For Bosch SW-ZPR1-WP13 followed the reset instructions, but the sensor doesn’t seem to enter discovery mode. Followed the troubleshoot reset instructions from here (https://www.mydigitaldiscount.com/connecting-your-bosch-isw-zpr1-wp13-wireless-pir-motion-sensor-to-Smartthings.html). Is Bosch SW-ZPR1-WP13 still compatible with v3? is there something else to reset and making it discover-able again?

2. For some reason the Visonic MCT-340 E sensor manual doesn’t list any reset steps. Is there any known set of steps to reset the door sensor?

One thing you can try if you are using custom device handlers for those devices. Login to IDE and open the device handlers and click save and publish for me again .

@jkp Tried doing that didn’t change much.
Infact for visonic sensor earlier I didn’t have a custom device handler it was detected out of the box without one.
I’m using the code from here.

Are you usIng the SmartThings app or SmartThings Classic?

SmartThings App, ever since switched to Hubv3.
My Hubv2 went to a bricked state, but when migrating I didn’t un-register any devices, that worked fine with Sylvania light bulbs which I was able to reset and have rediscovered in new hub.

For the visonic Sensor, you should be able to reset by opening the cover and removing the battery. Then reinsert the battery, put the cover back on and try to pair it.

Thank you @jkp.
Tried doing that earlier, but just now found out that when reinserting the battery I’ll need to hold the tamper switch down till the sensor led blinks 3 times every 5 seconds to get it back to pairing mode. So now visonic sensor repairing is resolved. :slight_smile:

I’m still clueless on how to reset the Bosch motion sensor though.

Ah Sweet! “Do this as you have “Add a thing” active" was the missing part! Not sure why that would matter given that the sensor was blinking for few seconds after putting the back cover of the sensor earlier as well.
In either case, got it discovered and paired! Thank you @jkp

After searching all over the internet for how to reset and connect my two Visonic MCT-340 E sensors to my Samsung Smartthings Hub v3, and not finding good instructions, I want to summarize exactly how to do that (they were in the house when we bought it)…

1. Install the SmarthThings Classic app from the App Store (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.smartthings.android)
  2. Sign in with the same account has your Smartthings v3 hub
  3. Remove cover from Visonic sensor
  4. Remove battery
  5. On SmartThings Classic app, click “Add a Thing”
  6. While holding down the tamper switch (little black button next to the battery), insert the battery
  7. Let go of tamper switch as soon as LED turns on red. LED will now blink three times every five seconds. If light doesn’t turn on, get new battery.
  8. You’ll see the sensor appear in the app, rename and add it.
  9. Put cover back on sensor.

You can now see the sensor in the new SmartThings app, and do whatever you want with it (add to room, add automation, etc.)

1 Like
  1. Install the SmarthThings Classic app from the App Store (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.smartthings.android )
  2. Sign in with the same account has your Smartthings v3 hub
  3. Remove cover from Visonic sensor
  4. Remove battery
  5. On SmartThings Classic app, click “Add a Thing”
  6. While holding down the tamper switch (little black button next to the battery), insert the battery
  7. Let go of tamper switch as soon as LED turns on red. LED will now blink three times every five seconds. If light doesn’t turn on, get new battery.
  8. You’ll see the sensor appear in the app, rename and add it.
  9. Put cover back on sensor

Confirmed this worked for me. Not sure why we’d have to revert to the previous version of the app, or how you even came across that step in troubleshooting lol Thanks!

Thanks! It took me a few days of repeatedly giving up, and then trying again. LOL. I actually have since figured out that you can do it with the new app, too. For step 5, just open the new app, click “+”, then Device, then “Scan nearby”. Then, continue from step 6.

1 Like

Well, this is surreal. I forgot how to reset this sensor so I did a google search and found myself answering it in a different thread. I’m glad I took the time to do that!