Request: Edge Drivers for Aeotec Smart Switch 6 and and Multisensor 6

Hi @RebelMagpie !

Sorry for the slow response - your question had me watching my SmartSwitch 6 through the holidays while it was connected to my Christmas tree lights. I did see some inconsistent behavior with energy reporting, though I didn’t narrow down an exact cause. If you change the reporting threshold settings for the switch - either lowering the percentage change or watt values - does that change the reporting frequency at all, by chance?

Thank you very much.

Mine was at 1.05 and I upgraded straight to 1.11. It works great! I just wish SmartThings would allow OTA from the hub instead of having to exclude it, use the Z-stick and then re-include.

Thanks for your help

1 Like

Hi @CommanderQ , unfortunately it doesn’t. I have tried many combinations. Do you have any setting recommendations I should try?

Hmmm… :thinking: No suggested settings yet, @RebelMagpie . To narrow the field a little, do you happen to remember whether the Smart Switch 6 was reporting regular (useful) energy usage updates before the change over to Edge drivers? Or did it behave this way before the Edge drivers came along?

I can’t say I paid very close attention to the energy reporting on my Smart Switch 6 at any point, so I can’t use my own experience and switch to help. It’s hard to tell whether this might be a quirk with the firmware or something special I need to accommodate with the driver, but your insight may help. :smile:

Thanks for the Smart Switch 6 driver. I have SmartThings linked to Google Home and there’s a small bug which pertains more to Google’s platform than to SmartThings, but FYI; since changing to your driver - Google Home now thinks these switches are a different device type (bulbs) and has put them in the lighting groups in the GH mobile app. Not your problem, but exposing the light controls of the outlet seems to have confused Google Home’s device type classification.
Google_smart_home_ecosystem

Hi Mike @CommanderQ , any chance you’d be willing to take a crack at a custom driver for the Aeotec Siren/Doorbell 6? There are many here unhappy with the generic ST driver as it is quite honestly practically useless with these two devices. The previous custom dth was built by krlaframboise.https://community.smartthings.com/t/obsolete-aeotec-doorbell-6/165030

1 Like

I bought them both about 6 months ago. Have always been on your edge driver, not DTH, so I don’t know how they would have behaved.

That’s interesting @Dennis - I had no idea that Google Home categorized devices in quite that way. That seems similar to the way the SmartThings app categorizes devices to make particular icons available. I’ll squint a bit at the driver definition to see what kind of gentle suggestions I can give the associate systems - it wouldn’t surprise me if the order in which device capabilities were defined could influence the way systems categorized the device. I’ll try to play with it a little bit and see what happens. :smile:

1 Like

Hi @troy_owens ,

I’ve added that to my project list. :smile: Would I be correct in assuming that the enhanced functionality you’re after (in contrast to the stock SmartThings edge driver) is the collection of advanced settings? That driver looks quite interestingly nuanced and the siren looks like quite a powerful and feature-rich device.

1 Like

Thank you. Looking forward to it

@CommanderQ Thanks for taking the time to help.
Yeah, I’m not sure why the device type category is being misidentified by Google - certainly not expected behavior. I could quickly fix the problem if the Google Home app would allow us to edit the device type and/or separate the device from an incorrectly assigned device group. But neither modification option is possible from within the GH app.

Sorry for the long wait @Dennis - I’ve added a GitHub issue to keep this on my radar and try to adjust some of the metadata settings. I’m hoping to get to this list soon, including working on the Siren 6. :smile:

2 Likes

No problem, I understand that we all have other stuff going on in our lives.
Thanks for the update. :+1:

Has anyone seen this issue with the Drivers for the Aeotec Multisensor 6? They are only updating once per hour, irrespective of the settings I use, except for motion. I have 3 of them and they all behave the same way. Using either the Aeotec Driver (Aeotec Multisensor 6) or the SmartThings Sensor (Z-Wave Sensor). It make them total unusable for anything other than motion.

1 Like

If you can’t find the answer here, maybe the driver developer can help: Submit a ticket : Aeotec Help Desk

Edit: Rephrased

1 Like

It depends what you assign in 101 Group 1 Sensors (I have assigned illuminance) and I’ve set 111 as 60 so illuminance updates every 60s.

1 Like

Yes, if these sensors are newly added, they seem to be added with Wake Up Interval Set CC set to 3600.

I got it fixed by changing Wake Up Interval to 240 using this driver:

In addition, I changed parameter 111 to 240 (4minutes).

This is from multisensor 6 manual, so this seems to be intended behaviour (but before edge drivers these devices were definately added with wake up interval Set CC 240):

If battery power, the minimum interval time is 60 minutes by default, for
example, if the value is set to be more than 5 and less than 3600, the
interval time is 60 minutes, if the value is set to be more than 3600 and less
than 7200, the interval time is 120 minutes. You can also change the
minimum interval time to 4 minutes via setting the interval value(3 bytes) to
240 in Wake Up Interval Set CC.

1 Like

@CommanderQ

I feel bad asking, but did the old Aeotec Garage Door Controller Gen 5 make it onto the project list. Would love to have this working again.

Regards, Atomic Snail

Yes it works perfectly, it’s using a SmartThings driver, it was automatically switched during the transition.

@sulisenator, I have issues with the Aeotec Z-Wave Garage Door Controller since migration to Edge drivers. How did you manage to get it working?