Replacement for ACT Advanced Control Technologies RF100 Single Pole Fixture Dimmer

I have the last bastion of X10 equipment that I’m retiring in favor of new technology. One device that I seem to not be able to find a like match for is this X10 Inline Dimmable Module. The one I’m looking at is similar in size and wiring but lacks a dimmable feature. That module is the Linear Z-Wave Isolated Contact Fixture Module (FS20Z-1). I have looked at a few others, but they don’t have the dimmable feature either: Aeon Labs DSC26103-ZWUS - Z-Wave In-Wall Micro Controller and Aeotec Z-Wave Micro Dimmer, 2nd edition.

Does Anyone know of a device (zigbee or zwave) that has these features of my original x10 module?

Thanks,

Sorry, I’m confused. I wasn’t able to find specs for that specific module but what feature do you think is missing from the Aeotec dimmer? Because it’s definitely a dimmer. Fibaro also has an in wall micro dimmer. (I’m linking to the smartest house because their product descriptions are generally accurate, but the devices are widely available.)

yeah I may have misread the Aeotec comments on Amazon that said it would not dim, but I think that was only if the switch was a dimmer. Have you had experience with either of these?

Z

You can’t use an analog dimmer switch with any of the in wall micros. But you can use a retractive switch and use press and hold to control the dim.

I don’t personally have experience with either of them although I’ve looked at them both (I like gadgets) but both are very popular in the community.

The Aeotec dimmer is on the official “works with smartthings” compatibility list.

https://www.smartthings.com/products/aeotec-micro-smart-dimmer

I believe @greg and @Navat604 have both used the Aeotec micros.

@anon36505037 has done his entire house with the Fibaro units and can answer questions on those.

1 Like

The Aeon micro dimmer is dimmable but only with the ST Apps if a dumb external on/off switch is installed. If you installed the Aeon touch panel micro then you could Dim with both the touch panel or the ST app.
You won’t be able to use a dumb external dimmer switch to Dim the module. The new nano version is much smaller and more advance also z-wave plus. so I would definitely get the nano.

The Aeotec G2 micro can dim at the master if it’s a momentary Switch. There’s a parameter setting that you have to change. But I’m not sure it works if the switch is set up as a three-way.

https://aeotec.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/6000053613-micro-dimmer-g2-and-micro-smart-dimmer-g2-user-guide-

1 Like

yeah I’m not sure why but I got spammed with 8 emails from aeotec this morning about their new nano dimmer shipping. Looks like a good option.

1 Like

Thanks to everyone that replied. This is great information. I will have a look at the both nano and Fibaro as potential replacements.

1 Like

I got 8 of the same emails just now.

2 Likes

Always nice to know you aren’t alone.

1 Like