[REMOVED] Nest Manager 4.0

I like this too… although the Nest lawyers might still question it.

How about “The Bridge to the cloud service that cannot be named”

BttCStCbN for short :wink:

1 Like

Or maybe “Manager if bird homes”

1 Like

What do you guys think of “HideAway Manager”?

1 Like

“Unofficial nest manager” ??

It can’t contain the words “Nest” :frowning:

contain the word or contain the capitalised Noun? Nest as a trademark vs. nest ?

they dont own the word nest but will own a trademark

How about ‘None expensive SmartThings Manager’ or ‘N.e.ST. Manager’ for short? :joy::joy::joy: there must be a way to use the letters so they still spell out Nest. Otherwise I guess there’s always something such as ‘Bird House Manager’ - trying to relate it to Nest but more subtle

Possible convert in Celsius ?

Ok done I’m new sorry :frowning:

I find that this is not just working for me… The presence sensor never works… Never goes away automatically…

And lately I been paying attention and it seems the temp doesn’t change when changed in the app, or in the stock app…

The apps aren’t syncing up… Am I doing something wrong here?

@Phil_Panfili have you made sure you have set the automation to operate in all your modes? Away mode needs to be selected so that the whole thing goes to Away/Eco

How about Nesd Manager or Nessed Manager. Sounds the similar just looks silly unless we can think of an acronym for it.

1 Like

How do I do this? I thought I had it all set up correctly but nothing seems to be working…

And with the presence sensor… Does it only sense by movement? Or if my phone is near Nest?

Is this ECO setup the most reliable? I’ve tried several way to set it up driving it off the ST mode. What I find is that at least once a week the thermostats are stuck in ECO mode while returning from Away to Home.

Please see:

http://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=Nest_Manager#Nest_Home.2FAway

I think you want to:

a) Disable home/away assist in your thermostats

b) use nest mode automation in Nest Manager, and have it set eco on away, and restore to the previous mode on returning to home.

I have found this reliable, and avoids some of the home/away assist issues.

1 Like

Thank you. When you say disable home/away assist do you mean turning off all options under “What decides if you’re home”? Should the setting “use ECO…when no one’s home” for each thermostat be on or off here?

I’m suggesting have Nest Manager (specifically Nest Mode Automation of Nest Manager) set home/away with previous mode/eco and not have Nest Home /Away Assist try to do this.

There are several choices you have, and it is important you understand what is controlling which portions of your automation. Nest’s home/away assist as been found by many folks to drop out of away mode even if folks are away…

http://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=Nest_Manager#Nest_Home.2FAway

1 Like

I have alot or things set up with my Smart home… And this is by far the most confusing… Where is nest mode automation in nest manager?

Right now my Nest app is reading home… And smartthings says away… And hasn’t changed In a day… No idea why.

I made several changes last night and have had many issues with the ECO mode and Nest Automation.

Some background:

• I’ve been using Nest Manager since v4.0 was released along with its automations for Home/Away mode. My Nest Thermostats were using default settings with Home/Away assist – using phone location and thermostat sensor to determine away mode.

• My Nest Manger automation for Home/Away is setup to be driven off a virtual switch in ST. I have several factors which determine when this switch is turned on which indicates I’m away. The switch works perfectly as I’ve tested it thoroughly for 6 months. When the switch state is ON I have Nest Manager turn on Away mode and ECO mode.

• The reason I’ve been looking for changes and asking questions here is because 80% of the time automation works perfectly. Other times I’ve found Nest to be in Home mode with thermostats stuck in ECO mode.

Changes I performed yesterday (01/20/2017):

• Using Nest’s Website I changed Home/Away Assist settings:
  • Under “What decides if you’re home”
    • Use phone location changed to “No”
    • For each thermostat, “Should this thermostat use its activity sensors to figure out if anyone’s home?” – disabled
    • For each thermostat, “Automatically use ECO temperatures when no one’s home?” – enabled
      • “How it responds” section shows “Home” is On, “Away” is Eco Temperatures

Observations from today (01/21/2017):

• I left my home and my virtual switch turned on.
  • Nest Manager put thermostats into Away mode with ECO mode enabled
  • 1-3 minutes later ST reported that the presence has changed to Home and the thermostats got kicked out of Away mode.
  • While away I turned off the virtual switch to test it out. Using the Nest app I confirmed Home mode was on and thermostats were not in ECO mode. I then turned on the virtual switch manually and the behavior repeated. Nest Manager attempted to set Away mode only to be kicked out to Home mode shortly after.

Log Entries:

2017-01-21 12:12:48.183 PM EST
3 hours ago	DEVICE		nestPresence	home		Nest Presence is: home
2017-01-21 12:12:13.390 PM EST
3 hours ago	DEVICE		nestPresence	away		Nest Presence is: away
2017-01-21 12:12:12.283 PM EST
3 hours ago	DEVICE		nestThermostatMode	eco		Nest HVAC mode is eco mode
2017-01-21 12:12:12.271 PM EST
3 hours ago	DEVICE		thermostatMode	auto		HVAC mode is auto mode
2017-01-21 12:11:55.316 PM EST
3 hours ago	DEVICE		nestThermostatMode	heat		Nest HVAC mode is heat mode
2017-01-21 12:11:55.306 PM EST
3 hours ago	DEVICE		thermostatMode	heat		HVAC mode is heat mode
2017-01-21 12:11:55.296 PM EST
3 hours ago	DEVICE		nestPresence	home		Nest Presence is: home
2017-01-21 12:11:12.014 PM EST
3 hours ago	DEVICE		nestPresence	away		Nest Presence is: away
2017-01-21 12:11:10.861 PM EST
3 hours ago	DEVICE		nestThermostatMode	eco		Nest HVAC mode is eco mode
2017-01-21 12:11:10.613 PM EST
3 hours ago	DEVICE		thermostatMode	auto		HVAC mode is auto mode

Update 1 - Noticed errors in IDE logs:

||Nest Manager | Nest API Issues Detected (Sat Jan 21 15:05:57 EST 2017)
3:05:57 PM: error |Nest Manager | errorData: errorMessage: Failed with status code 401
3:05:57 PM: error |Nest Manager | processResponse - Received Metadata poll: Resp (401)

Update 2:

@E_Sch helped me resolve all my errors. Hopefully, smooth sailing from here on. :smile:

I also had this problem with 401 errors. With the help of @E_Sch, I was able to solve the problem.

If you’re also experiencing these issues, you may need to remove the Nest Manager integration from your Nest account (at home.nest.com), reset the token in the Nest Manager smartapp, and log back in. Try these steps:

In your Nest Mobile App or on home.nest.com:

• select the location you are having trouble with (or if you only have 1 location, use that)
  • go to the hamburger (three horizontal lines in upper left)
  • goto account
  • select Works with Nest
  • remove any ST-Integration (if you have more than 1 Nest location this will disable them all from ST/nest manager)
  • select remove connection

Now back in Nest Manager in ST mobile app:

• goto to "Nest Login Preferences (more than 1/2 way down initial Nest Manager page)
  • Logout and reset Nest Token

Then log back in.

1 Like