[REMOVED] Nest Manager 4.0

I’ve just added a Nest Protect to my home, and and having some problems getting the full Nest Manager dashboard to appear for the Nest Protect.

When I tap on the Nest Protect in my “Things” list, the green “Clear” status w/battery info in the top half of the screen appears, but the detailed information below doesn’t - the progress spinner spins endlessly and the info doesn’t appear.

I have gotten it to fully show up I think twice out of numerous attempts to view the dashboard.

I can connect normally to the Protect from the Nest app, run tests, etc., and the Nest Manager sees and records those events in “Recently.”

Any suggestions?

Our apologies as this seems to have been a weird week of issues with Nest Manager :frowning:
I know I’ve been MIA the last 6 days because I was out of the country but I want to give a big thanks to @E_Sch for holding down the fort and patching these bugs we have been seeing.
He has made a lot of progress toward smoothing out the rough edges Nest has caused with the ECO update.

#[UPDATE] Nest Manager 4.3.0

• Added: You can now set the Nest Mode Automation to activate Eco mode when the location goes to Away and will resume previous mode when returning to Home. This needs to be enabled manually (It’s not on by default)
    (It is highly recommended to disable the Nest Home/Away Assist from your nest device if you use the Nest Manager Automations.)

• Updated: Lot’s of little bugs have been fixed.

• Fixed: The Protect Low Battery simulation test has been fixed and works correctly now.

##Please Make sure to update all device handler code as well

6 Likes

Anyway to increase the size of the button for the graph? Shows the arrows 1/3 for switching between what stuff means on the temp scale?

Not in any native way we can’t. It’s using the Google Chart API which does not have a simple way to customize the Legend

1 Like

One more question. The graph, Is it possible to export that or show the data else ware? I think it could be super useful.

If your on android, I think there is issues with android UI. You can look at your protect once. If you leave that screen and come back it hangs.

You have to exit the app and come back for it to display again. (I think)

I’m sure someone with more expertise will give you more details or a better answer.

1 Like

I would love this maybe a dashboard link with bigger graphs and maybe a csv export

I’ve been working on this for awhile. We are real close to the max app compilation size. So we have to hold back features like that.

1 Like

This seems to be an issue with Protects and Weather (not thermostats, go figure).

Hope to dig into it this week and figure it out.

1 Like

I set up Nest Mode Automations to change with my SmartThings mode, but it does not appear to work.

I change mode to away in ST and Nest stays in Home mode.

I don’t have anything else in Nest setup to change my mode.

Any suggestions?

Are you running the latest version 4.3.1?

Yup. Fresh install.

Private Message IDE logs of your test to us (tonesto7, myself).

It would be good to

a) Start IDE logs in a window)

b) go into nest manager -> automations -> nestMode automation and hit done, and then done your way out of NM

c) run you ST mode change test

d) cut and paste the logs to us.

Many times things have not been fully configured or done hit.

FYI - in SmartThings, back and done do different things. Done commits the changes, back many times acts “sorta like” cancel, but not exactly.

HI, Can some tell me how to install this app?

Please look at post one and follow this link.

Not sure if this is a known issue, but here is the problem I am experiencing:

When it gets to a certain temperature outside, I turn off my heating thermostats via a CoRE piston. I then get constant push notifications from Nest Manager when they are in Away mode b/c Eco is not enabled. I have notifications disabled as well. Shouldn’t Nest Manager see the thermostats are off and not bother trying to put it/report on it being in ECO mode?

Having some issues with Nest Manager. I did a factory reset with my phone last week and the thermostats hadn’t updates since that day, so I went in removed the application and tried to reinstall everything. I go through the process, however after I finish when I select either of my thermostats I get the following. I want to note that both of my thermostats are on.

I get this from the IDE logs:
49ba4084-9710-4514-aa64-ab0c9035d6e9 12:08:32 PM: error groovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: physicalgraph.device.DeviceTypeExecutorBase$_closure5.doCall() is applicable for argument types: (java.lang.String, java.lang.NullPointerException) values: [graphHTML Exception:, java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot get property ‘stringValue’ on null object]
Possible solutions: doCall(), doCall(java.lang.Object), call(), call([Ljava.lang.Object;), call(java.lang.Object), findAll() @ line 2984
49ba4084-9710-4514-aa64-ab0c9035d6e9 12:08:32 PM: error groovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: physicalgraph.device.DeviceTypeExecutorBase$_closure5.doCall() is applicable for argument types: (java.lang.String, java.lang.NullPointerException) values: [graphHTML Exception:, java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot get property ‘stringValue’ on null object].

I’m also getting this:
b9931912-472b-451b-9d0b-c5b734970439 12:12:31 PM: error |Nest Manager | NEED SOFTWARE UPDATE: Presence NestPres | 6RJEXYjfJ7cotXCWnd9jqsoZKcQwt-F-0DfbwInXTrrATSGp1Sucjw (v4.2.0) REQUIRED: (v4.3.0) Update the Device to latest
b9931912-472b-451b-9d0b-c5b734970439 12:12:29 PM: error |Nest Manager | NEED SOFTWARE UPDATE: Thermostat 4pba68Pk3xsSVxfgT7k7lsn7UfMulpEX (v4.2.0) REQUIRED: (v4.3.0) Update the Device to latest
b9931912-472b-451b-9d0b-c5b734970439 12:12:29 PM: error |Nest Manager | NEED SOFTWARE UPDATE: Thermostat 4pba68Pk3xv1xAdpMLLF8Mn7UfMulpEX (v4.2.0) REQUIRED: (v4.3.0) Update the Device to latest
But I am running v4.3.1. Any ideas what I have done wrong? I’m about ready to just delete everything from the IDE and do a fresh install to see if that help. Thanks

Ok, a complete reinstall of the smart app in the IDE seems to have fixed the issue.

I am unable to open the Nest Manager from the Android app.

When opening the app I get the following error message in the IDE Live Logging: error groovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: script1482858075822296692587.getIsAutomationDisabled() is applicable for argument types: () values: [] @ line 1760

On the Android App I get the error: “You are not authorized to perform the request operation” with a back button and a big “Remove” button at the top of the window.

However, I was able to get the app to open if I commented out line 1760 from the code, but then the Automation section of the nest manager would not load and gave me the same Android UI screen as explained above.While I was in here I did enable verbose logging and sending the logs to the developer so you should have something

Let me know if you need me do anything or test anything.

Thank you for the wonderful app.

We can fix this.

In the interim, go to the watchdog automation, and disable the “Notify When Away and Not in Eco Mode?”

1 Like