[REMOVED] Nest Manager 4.0

we would need to see logs to answer your question. It is strange.

If you want to share IDE logs, do it in a private message to avoid sharing too much data publicly.

I am having the same issues. I sent a PM with log access. Great app, thanks for all the development.

@E_Sch Do i have to have a nest thersmostat to use the NM smartapp? I have a few protects that i will would like to integrate with smartthing

No. I just have protects as well and it works great.

Thanks, I just tried to install the nest manager but i’m getting this error.

1 Like

May want to try again, as I see others saying they had platform issues today.

If it persists, share IDE logs via a Private message.

Thanks I will keep trying see if it works

I too am getting this error after an update from an older 4.x… To the current one…

Mine however is saying it can’t reach nest.com now… It was saying same as yours moments ago.

And I did try a refresh token. As a last ditch effort…

Same here. When I go to “Agree” to the permissions it says, “Can’t reach nest.com right now. Try again soon.”

I tried everything short of removing the hub location… reinstalling and all did nothing…

FYI: This is the first time I’ve ever installed it, so it has nothing to do with updating.

Wonder if anyone has encountered the same issue that I have, getting constant nonstop notifications about “upgrade available”, but have several times copied the code from github to my IDE, saved and published off course, but still getting several notifications every hour about this.
I’m on UK hub, so no integration with github either, have to do it manually.

It would be good to see your IDE logs (via a private message)

Ensure you upgraded both Nest Manager, and your device handlers to the current version. Be sure to follow the instructions to both save, and publish for me.

http://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=Nest_Manager

I am trying to use my Nest Thermostat with Ask Alexa but having issues with getting the “Alexa, ask Smartthings for the Nest Report”. I noticed that my Nest Thermostat is now named “Nest Thermostat - Living Room”. In order to get the report to work I need to say “Alexa, ask Smartthings for the Nest Thermostat Living Room Report” and it fails. If I rename “Nest Thermostat - Living Room” to “Nest”, the report functions fine but a minute or two later, the device renames itself back to “Nest Thermostat - Living Room” and the report fails. Is there a way to rename by device and have it stay renamed?

Thanks

I had this same problem. Renaming to it to “thermostat” worked for me. Its never changed its name back but it did not like just “nest” as its name either.

@Xtropy @scpickle

There is a bug that broke this. I will try to push out the patch for it tonight.

2 Likes

@tonesto7 Any idea if we could adjust humidity via Nest Manager? Nest no longer auto adjusts humidity settings based on outdoor temperature. Automating that adjustment via SmartThings would fix my biggest issue with Nest. Not looking for a new smart app, just a additional control for Nest Manager that I could adjust from another smart app. If you don’t have a humidifier I’m happy to be a guinea pig :slight_smile:

It’s something being worked on for the massive v5.0 update

2 Likes

Awesome! Sending some paypal love your way :grinning:

Hello, I am also having issues with the Nest login. I had NestManager working but something with my routines behaved funky (getting wrong heating setpoints), so I decided to remove all devices created by NestManager from my ST app and just wanted to re-install the smartapp (I am on v4.5.2, no update available), but hitting “Accept” for the Nest authentication only results in the “Ooops!” error as seen in the screenshot a few posts earlier.

I have been reading through this discussion for the past 2 hours … I tried logging out of the app and back in … I checked the Nest app for configured/allowed services … At this early stage of the installation I do not even get any logs in the IDE. Any ideas what else I might try?

Thanks in advance!

Nora