[REMOVED] Nest Manager 4.0

So I’m starting this all from scratch. I enabled the GitHub integration with no problems. I went through the entire walkthrough of Using Git Integration, made sure everything was published and OAuth is enabled, but for the life of me, I cannot get the My Apps section to show up to install the app. =/ I logged out and back in to the Nest Mobile App several times.

Still not seeing it. It’s supposed to be at the botton of Marketplace -> SmartApps and I should see “My Apps”, correct?? Anybody have any suggestions on something I may be missing to not have the My Apps section show up?? TIA!!

Did you install both the SmartApp and Device Handler? Probably did buthe just checking.

2 Likes

It sounds like you have done everything you should have.
So you don’t see My Apps at all?

What client are you using? (Android, iOS, Windows Phone)?

1 Like

Hello and thanks for the reply. Yep I installed both of them. I’ll attach screenshots and you can let me know if anything looks amiss:
SmartApps

Device Handlers

Should oAuth be enabled on the device handlers??

Thanks also for the reply! Yeah I just don’t have that My Apps section below the “More” =/ I’m running Android (Nexus 6p, latest android beta actually). Certainly hope that wouldn’t cause any issues…

Try this URL for the IDE https://graph-na02-useast1.api.smartthings.com/ @vlad reminded me that since you are a new user that you are on the new server NA02.

The likely reason you are not seeing them in the mobile app is that your account is actually on newer NA02 server while the app and devices were published on the NA01 server (I know confusing right :expressionless: ).

Once you login with the URL above and add the app and devices again you should see them in the mobile app

Yep I think you’re right! After I posted those screenshots, I was looking in my account and realized my hub and devices weren’t listed. Red flags raised. I am not positive what I did but I logged out and clicked one of the menu items up top I believe, and when I logged back in, I now can confirm I’m on the NA02 server, my hub and devices are showing up, and the Nest Manager app is now all missing. So it looks like that was what happened. I’m currently re-setting up the Nest Manager app and will report back soon! Thanks all!

Update: Nest App showed up as expected this time around! Not sure how I got the url for the wrong server the first time but NA02 was the ticket. Thanks again for the help and for developing this excellent app for Nest!!

1 Like

Thank you :smiley:

1 Like

I’m having an issue where the nest manager Smart app will not update in the Android smartthings app. I checked in the smartthings ide and all items are updated and published. Oauth is enabled. When I go into the smartthings app it shows the smart app version as 3.1.4.

I’ve had this problem with previous versions of nest manager. How do I fix this?

This isn’t an issue with the smartapp. If the version info still shows 3.1.4 then the code isn’t being updated on the platform. Check the nest manager code in the IDE around line 42. What version is shown there?

Thanks for the quick reply. This is what is says on line 42 in the nest manager code.

def appVersion() { “4.0.3” }

This is what is displayed in the smartthings app.

I would check:

a) you hit publish in the IDE

b) you are logged into the right IDE shard where you account / hub is.

After that, you may want to contact ST support.

I think @E_Sch is right. This does seem like a Shard issue. When did you create your ST account?

I’m not sure what you mean by shard issue.

I created my smartthings account sometime in May 2016.

so you would be on the na02 server. what url do you use to access the IDE?

OK i have been trying…

in 3 I had two sets of rules one for night mode that used one temp sensor and one for day mode that used another. I see where I can enable/disable by motion sensor but if i create an automation I cannot select one sensor of each mode. I tried creating two automatons but the second will not let me add a remote sensor.

there should be 1 automation (for a given thermostat / zone)

When you enable remote sensor, it will have a “default” sensor (and temp) to use in case no schedule matches.

Then in schedules for that automation, you would have

a schedule (1) for day mode, with temps, and restrictions that it is only active in the day
a schedule (2) for night mode, with sensor and temps, and restrictions it is only active in the night

The above presumes the default sensor is the day sensor. If that is not true, you can have a sensor in schedule 1

Thought I would post it in here as the AskAlexa thread is very busy
When I “Alexa, Ask smartthings for nest thermostat report”
I get the reply “Done” I have my lamba timeout at 15 seconds

Heres what happens in the logs

bf8a666f-0f1f-40e1-91b5-ce92e22cc527 20:54:08: debug Done.
bf8a666f-0f1f-40e1-91b5-ce92e22cc527 20:54:08: debug Type: thermostat
bf8a666f-0f1f-40e1-91b5-ce92e22cc527 20:54:08: debug Param: undefined
bf8a666f-0f1f-40e1-91b5-ce92e22cc527 20:54:08: debug Num: undefined
bf8a666f-0f1f-40e1-91b5-ce92e22cc527 20:54:08: debug Op: report
bf8a666f-0f1f-40e1-91b5-ce92e22cc527 20:54:08: debug Dev: nest thermostat
bf8a666f-0f1f-40e1-91b5-ce92e22cc527 20:54:08: debug -Device command received-
747e113c-d59d-414f-afe1-fe54c5554d17 20:54:08: info Nest Thermostat: UPDATED | Report Data has been updated
e325de43-60ad-4e80-89c9-66c15eff5140 20:54:08: warn Nest Manager | reqSchedInfoRprt: No Automation Schedules were found for the Nest Thermostat device
bf8a666f-0f1f-40e1-91b5-ce92e22cc527 20:54:08: debug --Begin commands received–

Thanks for posting the details… I will dig into this tonight when I get home