[REMOVED] Nest Manager 2.0

FYI for those with Nest Cams…

I updated to the latest version this morning and now logs are showing the following message:

10:38:25 AM: error The Manager App will not send data to the Weather device because the device version (112) is lower than the Minimum (v250)… Please Update Device Code to latest version to resolve this issue…
10:38:24 AM: error The Manager App will not send data to the Thermostat device because the device version (204) is lower than the Minimum (v250)… Please Update Device Code to latest version to resolve this issue…

I’ll let you process that one for a moment before I make a comment :wink:

1 Like

All the apps and device handlers are showing updated as of this morning.

oh crap… I completely forgot about the upgrades not being able to check because the version is lower
I’m putting together a fix right now

@tpip Please try now after updating the manager code

Updated and it showed a lot of debugging. Appears to be working now.

Changed the temps a couple of times. The logs showed the changes & no errors.

One day last week, it didn’t trigger the away mode to the thermostat & I didn’t check on it until my work day was almost over. It ran most of the day almost nonstop due to the heat here.

Can someone explain how the test mode is supposed to work on the nest protects? I configured the smart home monitor to do a few things when one of the smoke detectors detected smoke. I was assuming I could use test mode on the nest protect to trigger the automation I have setup in the home monitor. However, nothing is happening except the nest protect device icon updates to show the current alert.

Something must have changed in the last few releases that broke this. I will take a look at it.

So this is happening.

You may have an old rule from the previous way we created automations. Check in the IDE My Locations -> Installed Smart Apps. You can delete it from there.

I found what was suppressing the alert from being raised to smart home monitor.

I commented this out alarmStateEvent in the device handler

//if (state?.testMode || testVal) { stvalStr = “tested” }

That fixed test mode, but there was overall issue where alarmStateEvent was only getting called during testmode so a real event may not have been registered by SHM.

ST expects a smoke alarm to report “Detected” and we were sending up Nest’s term “Emergency”. This happened recently when we changed protect to use HTML Tile and we were using testmode to test changes in the device handler.

This should be fixed in the next release. I have the PR in, but want to make sure its reviewed by everyone on the team.

So I got those out apps out. I don’t get notifications any longer for nest automations. Are two separate apps needed? Nest manager and nest automations?

I haven’t been receiving many notifications from ST at all lately. I’m not sure if this is a platform issue.

Yes it’s necessary to have them in a parent / child app setup for scheduling and resource reasons.
As of v2.5 they are merged into one code base. The code is capable of working as the parent or the child :slight_smile: which is why it requires removal of the old automation app from the IDE

So my smart apps in IDE should just show nest manager?

Yes that’s correct

For some reason is not letting me add my nest home.

Make sure you are using the main Nest account to log in.

There is also an issue on Android (via ST) that causes certain fields not to populate. Its random so removing the smart app and trying again may work.

Post any issues over in the 2.5 thread.

https://community.smartthings.com/t/release-nest-manager-v2-5?source_topic_id=45943
1 Like