Remove App

Having a bit of an issue and was hoping to get some help. I tried installing the Echosistant app and spent several hours trying to get everything setup only to fail. lol In frustration, I said the heck with it (more colorful language was used) and uninstalled everything. That is, until I went to uninstall the actual Echosistant app in the IDE. “This SmartApp can’t be deleted at this time because it is installed by one or more users” This is what I get even though I have unchecked everything in the app on my phone, and there is no way that I have found to remove it from the iOS device.

Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks

1 Like

You can log into the IDE - My Locations - smart apps and there is an edit button at the top. click that then scroll till you see echosistant and delete it.

If you want help with echosistant I know @bamarayne and @SBDOBRESCU are usually more than willing to walk people through installation

2 Likes

I had the same question regarding Rule Machine. Following your advice, I was able to remove it from Location but it still showed under My SmartApps. Clicking on the entry in My SmartApps > App Settings > Delete got rid of it entirely. Thanks!

3 Likes

Thank you, thank you, thank you! That did the trick. I’m sure they would help, but I think this was just a little out of my league. Little too involved I guess. The only thing I really wanted was for Alexa to ask if there was anything else like in the vids they put out. Maybe I’ll try to tackle it again another day when I don’t have 4 kids screaming in my ears…lol

2 Likes

Yes, that is correct to remove it fully.

Sorry for the frustrating experience. Installing a custom skill could be very onerous. We are making big changes to the new version of EchoSistant that will speed up the installation process. Meanwhile, if you’d like to use current version, Jason @bamarayne or myself are here to help.

If you just had enough, go under General Settings in the mobile app and you will see the remove button, that will uninstall EchoSistant. (See picture)

Let me know when you’re ready… We can have you up and running in no time at all, promise!

2 Likes

Just so you guys are aware the two places you guys deleted the app from are for two different things.

The delete from my locations/smart apps is where you delete installed instances of apps - use this if you just want to delete an app if you can’t delete it from the mobile app

The delete from my smart apps deletes the app from your account so you cannot install future instances without adding it back in. - use this if you don’t plan on using the app in the foreseeable future. Leaving an unused app here will not make any difference to your account - you will just see it as available to install when scrolling the marketplace/myapps.

2 Likes

Thanks for the clarification. In my case, I wanted to fully delete because the app is no longer supported. However, knowing how to do both will be quite helpful in the future.

1 Like

@SBDOBRESCU and @bamarayne Thank you and please trust me when I say I am in no way knocking your software or anyone who had a hand in creating it. My hat is off to you all and thank you for continuing to contribute. It is me, under normal circumstances I could probably have taken this on and had it up and running. Between the kids (2 of 4 with special needs) and my mother who recently had a stroke…my time has become very limited. I don’t give up however, and will eventually come back around and pick your brains! :slight_smile:

Edit: Oh and the wedding I am planning :smile:

1 Like

No worries. You do have your hands full. Mine are 3 and 5, so I know what you mean :smile: Sorry to hear about your mother and good luck with your wedding. Let us know when you’re ready to tackle the install again.

2 Likes

4, 7, 9 and 12 here with the 12 year old being my daughter, who is basically 16 already… :roll_eyes: that is the face I get a lot. :smile:

Thanks and I sure will!

2 Likes