Removal of Undocumented Device Type Data Storage Option - 1/19/2017

No errors when I save or run through simulator or anything in the live log. What should I be looking for? BOM?

If you arenā€™t seeing any errors then it may not be that.

You may want check using iOS and Android just to be sure it isnā€™t an app issue. Also check your DH to make sure your carousel if defined correctly.

Also try this, after storing the image, call getImage() and analyze / print the content is returns. That will tell you if the image is actually being saved to the S3 or not to being with.

The picture name only needs to be unique within the device images. So ${pictureUuid}.jpg would be fine by itself. If you want to PM me your email and shard I can talk a look when I have some time.

I tried the getImage() test and i was able to get something data from it. I do not have an IOS device (an IPAD). I donā€™t see an IOS app for the ipadā€¦

I do have a question, how does the DH know where to put the image? Once, I store the image, how does the hub/DH know which title to put it in?

Here is my title code:

carouselTile("cameraDetails", "device.image", width: 6, height: 4, canChangeIcon:true) { }

standardTile("take", "device.image", width: 6, height: 2, canChangeIcon: false, inactiveLabel: true, canChangeBackground: false, decoration: "flat") {
		state "take", label: "Take", action: "Image Capture.take", icon: "st.camera.camera", backgroundColor: "#FFFFFF", nextState:"taking"
		state "taking", label:'Taking', action: "", icon: "st.camera.take-photo", backgroundColor: "#53a7c0"
		state "image", label: "Take", action: "Image Capture.take", icon: "st.camera.camera", backgroundColor: "#FFFFFF", nextState:"taking"
	}

The image is saved to amazon and is picked up by the carousel tile through an event notification. @gausnes had explained this in another post.

1 Like

Just to circle back on this, new documentation for working with images has been added to the developer docs. This includes documentation for storeImage() and storeTemporaryImage().

Thanks for your patience!

7 Likes

Thanks, Jim. I greatly appreciate the documentation!

1 Like

Images should be appear under the Recently tab for Devices with the latest Android release FWIW

3 Likes

in my case the image is being stored but when being retreived on the carousel its all blackā€¦ maybe its the BOM that @RBoy uggested ?anybody has any thoughts ?

If you want to PM me, I can help you figure out whatā€™s going on.