Remotec Zwave Dry Contact Fixture Module not working as expected for Garage Door even though defined as "Z-Wave Virtual Momentary Contact Switch"

I reassigned the type to your device handler again and it did not change the device type back to zwave switch so I am not sure what happened previously. In any event the device handler is not turning it back off, I set the isGD to true and put in a delay of 500 on line 129 to no avail. I was able to install the Rules Machine smartapp and setup a rule that does what I was previously using Ifttt for, so that workaround is working, but It would be nice to have the device type handle this. I appreciate your quick responses and I understand if you don’t have time to figure this out for me (hoping you can tho) but I have already learned a lot and will eventually figure it out on my own.

This time I found the new settings inside the mobile app when editing from there and low and behold it worked but after a couple cycles the device type changed back to zwave switch (note that I had it as a zwave relay then changed it to remotecZFM80 and it must be line 126 that is setting it back
 I am going to try and comment out that line.

@Steven_Fuhrman Post a link to your current modified device type, can’t make any promises, but if something obvious pops out I’ll let you know.

Its your code from above all I modified was:
line 33 input name: “isGD”, type: “bool”,title: “Enable Momentary on (for garage door controller)”, required: true

line 116 (deleted so it doesn’t change the device type)

line 129 delayBetween([zwave.basicV1.basicSet(value: 0xFF).format(),zwave.basicV1.basicSet(value:0x00).format(),zwave.switchBinaryV1.switchBinaryGet().format()],500)

This actually works now with the deletion of line 116, the only quirk is the state of the button in the app doesn’t change consistently but if you go to another device and back it updates to the off state. I think this is because the app isnt involved in turning it back off so it only updates when it happens to pole the state. This is really no big deal. Thanks for your help

1 Like

Hi guys

Just got one today and trying to figure out how to put this zfm-80 in to inclusion mode? The push button apparently is for both turning on/off the switch and putting it in the inclusion mode - just trying to pair it my controller

Thanks in advance