Remotec ZFM-80 Dry Contact Module Pairing Issues

(Brad Garland) #1

Anyone have any issues getting this simple ZWave device to work? All my other devices are working correctly and I have power to the device and manually appears to be working correct. Anything I can try before emailing support?

Instructions say the single button is also the ‘program/learn’ mode so I don’t know what else to try.

Thanks in advance.

(Bruce) #2

You may have to exclude it before it will include. That’s tricky, because it takes two very tightly spaced presses of that button.

(Brad Garland) #3

That worked! Bruce saves the day again. You seriously should be on staff with Smartthings…you’re too good at this stuff.

(Bruce) #4

HaHa, lucky guess on my part. I just know this was an issue with the LFM-20 relay.

(Jeremy Hartley) #5

I am having the same problem. How do I exclude it first before I include it?

(Sean Kelly) #6

My hub got reset and I can’t pair the remotec dry contact in pairing. I assume i have to reset the switch to factory, but can’t find any instructions of how to do this. Anyone know?

(Michael Howell) #7

I am new to all of this. I just put in a SmatThings hub and tried to add the new ZFM-80… The ZFM-80 gave me rapid flashing - which seemed to indicate error by the instructions. I put my hub in exclusion mode and then pressed the button on the ZFM-80 twice… That excluded an “unknown z-wave device”. I then was able to add it with no problem.