Remote Reset Skybell

Skybell often gets into problem where history will not show. Called tech and was told that a reboot is required. Basically power on and off. So any idea on how to remote reset it using Smartthings with some power plug or switch etc and the wiring?

(Michael) #2

Only thing I can suggest is putting a mini Zwave relay in the gang box that powers your doorbell transformer. Qubino and Fibraro have small ones that would fit inside.

I suggest this assuming your transformer is wired like mine where it’s power comes from a breaker feeding other outlets/switches.

Yes. They are powered by the transformer. However, I am not an expert and not sure of wiring. Any easy references online somewhere?

(Michael) #4

Search YouTube or Google for replacing bell transformer. I found this as an example:

You will see there are high voltage (120v) wires within a junction box. You can install a relay inside the gang box that will then control the positive (black) wire going to the transformer - that will be come the load on the switch/relay.

The following relay/switches from @TheSmartestHouse should work and fit inside the gang box:

These are all very small devices that can fit inside a gang box and behind the plate your transformer is attached to. You could even install another gang box beside your existing one with a normal smart switch too if you prefer not to use a small relay.

Installation instructions and ST device handlers for each of these devices can be found on the bottom of each page listed above at the Smartest House’s website.