[OBSOLETE] Reliable Presence SmartApp

For anyone that has had trouble with garage door opening being reliable, this app is definitely the answer. I’m happy to report after a few days, my garage is consistently working and also triggering a couple of other actions, but regardless, the help of all these conversations, I got it.

I figured I’d post my set up in case anyone else might be looking for the info.

Reliable Presence w/ iPhone, Life360 as presence sensors. (I think it would still be better with fob, but this is what I have, and it’s working, even though both sources are really my phone, so that’s why I say better with another outside source.)

Rule Machine as Trigger not a condition. (I finally figured out what this app is all about, i’m new, what can I say. Get to it from MarketPlace > Smart Apps > My Apps> Rule ----- took me a little bit to figure out that was the only place to access triggers, i could be wrong, other under Rule Machine just seemed to have conditions.)

I also increased my home location to about 1400 feet. I’d like to tighten that up and maybe a fob will help with that, but for now, this seemed about right. I did however have a little lag. I got home and by my mailbox at 5:32pm and I show log as garage door opening at 5:34pm (there should also be a slight bit of time while door is opening and log shows change), so I need to work that out because if I don’t stop by mailbox, I’m guessing I would already be in my driveway, but I’ll test that out.

My failures were trying IFTTT. That just didn’t trigger consistently at all. I also tried Reliable Presence just triggering a routine, that just never worked and now I’m guessing it must have been something with how I triggered the routine, not sure on that one. This has consistently worked three days in a row, but i’m guessing many more.

Great app and thank you for the work!!

2 Likes