[OBSOLETE] Fibaro Motion Sensor v3.2

Can I get some help please.
I have bought 2 of the v3.2 units to test out as a replacement to the Philips Hue Motion Sensor - the Hue sensors just end up switching lights off after the CoRE piston count down, off for a few seconds and then back on even though there is constant motion, or they just don’t detect the motion right in its path).

So far my testing shows these are slower to react to Motion than the Philips (from testing, speed of reaction quickest to slowest is ST motion sensor (which I know is local processing hence the reaction time), Philips Hue and then Fibaro).

But my question is regarding sending updates to these sensors. I have read al the previous comments but just can’t see to get it to work. The initial install of variables has gone fine but I wanted to tweak a couple of settings and make sure they are uploading. I have found the 2 hour auto update doesn’t seem to occur and the logs show needUpdate:Yes constantly as can be seen from the below pics.
I have tried making my changes in the IDE device handler and also in the app, clicking save and then pressing the button on the sensor 3 times so the blue led comes on. needUpdate still says yes. I have tried making a tweak to a variable, click the button 3 times and then when the light is on clicking on save. No joy - needUpdate still says yes. I’ve tried pressing the Pending button in the app both before and after 3 button click on the device and still no joy. What am I doing wrong to get the settings sent over?

Oh, and if anyone is curious about the sticky pad that came with the unit, don’t use it. I put one of the sensors up with that (on the coving) and overnight it had peeled off and I found the unit on the floor this morning.

Any suggestions to get the sensor to react quicker for turning lights on with my CoRE pistons also greatfully received.

I believe I updated preferences, triple clicked the button on device, clicked save to preferences and then clicked sync button. To be honest I tried so many variations I can’t be certain

Are you using @CSC’s code?
I brlieve he has said that even though the unit has sync’d, the device says pending.
Best way I have found to test if configuration has been pushed is to turn on/off the led.

@bobbles yes I’m using CSC code. When I added the units to ST I had to go change to SCS code from the device screen.

When I setup the units I change variable 80 to 0. Then later when I wanted to make some variable tweaks I changed 80 back to default just so I could see confirmation the new variable set had uploaded however after doing the save, sync, triple button press the sensor didn’t flash for movement etc which is why I am sceptical the new variables haven’t been transferred.

Ok. How I did it was to change the parameters.
Click done.
Three button press on sensor and it lights up blue.
Then press the sync button on the app.
Is this how you are doing it?

1 Like

Thanks for the advice @bobbles. I have that way and try and it updated the sensor. It still shows updateNeeded:Yes in the IDE but that’s all good

I’ve had no issues with the stock DH, it’s actually very stable and I don’t miss the customization.

@CSC, @JBR I’m about 6 weeks in now myself with the stock DH and it hasn’t gotten stuck either.

1 Like

@CSC: I’ve been using your DH for a month now without any problems, only the occasional delay (smartthings likes to power nap from time to time?) between motion detection (i.e. LED flashing) and actual notification of the hub/cloud is annoying.
Is there a way to add other Z-Wave nodes (here: bulbs) to association group 1 to directly send Basic On messages to?

I tried adding cmds += zwave.associationV2.associationSet(groupingIdentifier:1, nodeId:02) (with 02 being the ID of on of my bulbs) to Configure()… but this does not help.

Thanks,
Andreas

1 Like

I’m sorry but not too sure about the association setup.

Just want to add something that could be helpful to some. First of all what a super cool sensor this is! The ability to change so many parameters is very helpful in this smarthome world. Want to send thanks to @CSC and originally @CyrilPeponnet for building this DH with the ability to make changes to the parameters. At the same time, I appreciate the the stock DH’s (Fibaro Sensor ZW5) stability, including the fact the Fahrenheit/Celsius reading from the main page to the ‘current state’ detail page is reading correctly which should help considerably when using temperature to drive other devices, communication states, etc. that some have had a problem with like @djjohnson.

That being said, I notice @JBR and @KellyDarren moved back to the stock DH and dont miss the customization. I did miss it, but found a way around it still using the stock DH:

1. Go into @CSC’s ‘Fibaro Motion Sensor v3.2’ DH and make all the parameter changes you like. Make sure to save it to the device correctly so the changes take effect.
  2. Then simply switch DH’s back to the stock one ‘Fibaro Sensor ZW5’. You will notice that the parameters you changed are still in place.

My way around the small, but potentially significant to some, bugs in the ‘Fibaro Motion Sensor v3.2’ DH while still being able to change any parameter in the device that I need to…

1 Like

@levahj that’s a brilliant find. Super for establishing.

@CSC DH is super, I have it running still on 3 of my devices, just moved it off 2 as they kept sticking on motion but now with the above i have all of @CSC functionality, accept the design.

Still mystified why some sensors got stuck and the others don’t.

Has anyone recently been having issues with their Fibaro? Everything was working great for about 10days since I purchased and linked it to ST. Then as of yesterday morning, Lux and Temp readings stopped posting on ST. Motion and Tamper were working ok. I just reset the Fibaro and re-connected to ST and now the only thing showing up is Motion. Still no Lux & Temp and now Tamper alarm is not working as well.

Idea’s anyone?

Yep. ST have screwed it up.
Apparently they are working on a hotfix to get things back on track.

Thanks @bobbles for the quick reply. This whole ST platform is frustrating as heck. (actually a different word comes to mind). They need to get their act together and find a way for this platform to get stable and just as importantly to work for the less technical ‘plug n play’ type of crowd if they ever want to be financially successful with this.

I noticed on the other above link that they put the hotfix in place a few hours ago. All is well now on my side as well.

I’ve just got a v3.2 sensor, and used this DH, but cannot see any way to use the acceleration / vibration sensor to trigger other things. I can find motion, lux and temperature for triggers but it doesn’t seem to think I have any acceleration sensors. I can see the vibration sensing is working, as the UI tile updates.

I’d like to be able to trigger lights on when someone bangs on the front door where the sensor will be mounted above.

Can you change to the ST stock handler, see if the option available, I may missed something in this version

I just tried the original manufacturer DH and it doesn’t have an acceleration trigger, but the other version of this handler (pre v3.2 handler) does have the acceleration trigger. (but unfortunately doesn’t work at all with my v3.2 hardware).

Do we still need to use this device handler or does ST handle v 3.2 now?