[RELEASED] Beta testers needed for my SmartThings + Augmented Reality (AR) app - Smart AR Home

@joelw135, I am on the latest version as stated.

OK this worked also. Go into settings and select Add SmartThings, and re authorize.

Tried to reauthorize, but when I log in before I get to the auth page, I just get a spinning blue wheel

Thanks! Right now grid/floor has a hardcoded size of I think 10 meters by 10 meters. I will try to use some AR Kit features to actually map the real floor size.

Recreating sync point should remove all of the saved devices, then re-authorization the app with SmartThigns should let the app get all of the new ids from ST, which should solve the problem. If you can’t get through re-authorization maybe there is some bug in the way I am connecting with ST, like maybe some stuff is expiring after some time, although you all got into this after update to version 1.1 and later. I will try to break my app today, see if I can get into the same state.

That would be great, as in my case I have an open concept home, and the only rooms with full walls are the bedrooms. It is a shame walls couldn’t be added.

Any idea when we might get the ability to set up multiple sync points?

I like the app, but without having a few sync points set up around my home, this app just isn’t convenient enough to use on a regular basis.
If every time I want to use the app I have to go to that one spot in my home where the sync point exists, then it is easier/more convenient to just use the ST app or ActionTiles.

I really like the idea of the app, and the technology is cool, but there are many times when I just want to turn a device on/off rather quickly. Right now, other methods are quicker.
I believe you have mentioned that the 3D view was set up as a way to bypass the sync point, but I find it awkward to use.

Hi,
I hoped that 3D view will solve the problem of using the app where it’s not convenient to go to the sync point. May I ask what’s awkward with the 3D view? Is there anything I can improve in the 3D view? If the floor and wall would correspond to the house structure, would that be more useful?

Support for multiple sync points is still on my list but it’s a complex problem to solve as there will need to be a way to maintain existing points. For example, you change a picture on the wall, how the app should invalidate the old sync point. It’s all doable but much harder to achieve.

My most recent point of view at the app is that 3D view will let me control the house without a need to sync with the point and AR view is a way to place devices to build 3D view and control devices as a bonus. Let me know if that’s not they right direction. :slight_smile:

I would love to give feedback and try the app move, but I am still unable to add devices.

Oh, I thought empty list problem was already resolved. Going through “Edit sync point” from settings is clearing every data saved and re-authorizing SmartThings should let you download all your devices again. Can you try uninstalling the app and installing again?

It allowed me to re-authorize ST, and then I saw devices to add. But after I went into ST and added more device they didn’t show in AR Home. So I tried to re-authorize again and now after log in I get an unending progress wheel.

Thanks Patrick. I added more logs to the app and I think know where the issue might come from. Please update the app tomorrow to the build 1.1.6 (once it pass Apple certification) and try again. It should trigger telemetry and give me info if devices list is coming empty from SmartThings or it’s my code that is not handling json with data :slight_smile:

Thanks again for letting me know and help!

It looks like the app is not compatible with my samsung s9+ running version 8.0.0

From what I understand it’s not supported on Google’s ARCore 1.1 BUT! ARCore 1.2 was released two days ago and I see Samsung S9+ on the list Appareils compatibles avec ARCore  |  Google for Developers :slight_smile:
Google is still publishing their ARCore runtime app, once that it’s done, it should work for you. I might need to update Smart AR Home app for AR Core 1.2 though. So please check in 2-3 days.

Jacek,

I like the fact that you respond so promptly to emails and posts on this thread.
Keep up the good work. The app is getting better with each update.

1 Like

This version is working fine for me so far. I do see that in AR view the switch or device is sometimes not exactly on the device. But in 3D view it really doesn’t matter.
Did you increase the grid size of 3D view?

Not yet. I want to first try horizontal and vertical planes detection and create a grid based on that, so the floor shape and size will be aligned with the house. If it won’t be accurate, I will go back to the grid size adjustments. My ultimate goal would be get some kind of a house shape in 3D view so without looking at the device labels I will know which room is which and finding a device will be instant :slight_smile:

Now that would be a fantastic thing, will look forward to testing this.

Hi,
Thank you all again for helping with the app! You are great! Today app passed iOS submission process and it’s now available on Android and iOS!!! :slight_smile:

Android - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.SmartARHome
iOS - https://itunes.apple.com/app/id1344696207

I will continue using Beta version to try changes before they will be part of official app so I hope I can still count on you. If anyone here still want to join beta, please send me an email to contact@smartARhome.com

The feature with the house shape in 3D view is almost ready and I will be releasing beta build soon. It’s not perfect as technology has its limitations but should be better than just a flat plane.

1 Like

With the latest IOS release I find that the 3D view is more stable, and loads real quick even if not near the sync point. Items not in the green grid are hard to find as you have to move about the screen to find them. Walls or boarders around rooms would be nice. Example. If I have 5 devices linked to the app, there would be a page where I can define rooms by checking which devices are in that room. Does that make sense? Now if I define a room, the devices would be placed in a square, or rectangle depending on position in the 3D space. And maybe a room label would be nice.