[Released] ADT Tools for Smartthings ADT alarm sytsems

smartapp_security

Do you have to have a subscription to ADT to use the Smartthings ADT panel?

(Mavrrick) #42

No. If you dont have it the system is just self monitored

(Mavrrick) #43

I just pushed out a few more updates to the ADT Tools application. A summary of the changes are as follows

1. Updated the Mode change app to allow for users to select if they wanted to keep the location alarm state and the Smartthings ADT Panel in sync. There are some benfits to doing this, especially if you want to use the Any Alert Sensor App.
  2. I rolled out the Camera functionality that I have been working on with the Any Sensor Alert app to the remaining child apps. This includes what was previously not fully working repeat recordings. Now you can record video if you like on any or all cameras and you can have it record as long as the alarm is active in clips between 5 and 120 seconds until the alarm is disarmed.
  3. I cleaned up a few text things here and there so that may also be improved.

You may need to removed and reinstall some of your child apps to get to them to work fully after this change. I found I needed to do his with the Mode Change app. So before reporting any issues please try that first.

(Mavrrick) #44

I found something missed replicating out to the ADT Alert Child apps and have corrected it. The problem only effects the new Video recording functionality so no need to rush and update if you don’t use it, but it is there.

I have a question for the folks out there using the app. I am working on a fairly significant rewrite. My hope is to simplify install/setup and make things much clearer. One of the things I have changed as of right now is to eliminate the option for multiple Notifier and Mode change app installs. I don’t really see this being a problem, but i wanted to ask the community if anyone has a use case they are in that this would be a problem.

(Jeff) #46

Hey Mavvrick, I was able to get your ADT Tools smart app installed and running on my smartthings account, however it does not seem to be working. All I really want to do is keep the ADT panel and my smartthings Smart Home Monitor status in sync, so that when one is armed/disarmed, the other is armed/disarmed, and vice versa, and a notification is sent to our phones alerting that the system has been armed/disarmed. I set this up in ADT tools but it doesn’t seem to be working. Is it possible I am doing anything wrong installation or setup wise? I installed the main ADT tools app and published and then installed the child apps for ADT monitor and Notifier. If it makes any difference, I previously was attempting to achieve the same thing with WebCoRE pistons and that did not work either. I have removed WebCoRE from my app, and installed your ADT tools app. Is it possible that something is setup incorrectly with my account?

Any tips or advice you have would be greatly appreciated! I don’t understand why SmartThings would not have built better integration into their app for using the ADT security panel!

Thanks,
Jeff

(Mavrrick) #47

To make this work the way you are wanting you need 4 things. The main ADT Tools smart app, the ADT notifier child app, the ADT tools Mode Change App, and the the ADT Momentary tile Button device handler.

If you have the ADT Notifier app installed and with messages setup for each alarm state change. There should be nothing preventing it from working. Could you open up live logging in the IDE, change your alarm mode and then send me the logs.

Setting up the mode change requires a bit more. You need to create virtual buttons using the ADT Momentary tile device device handler for each mode. Then install the ADT Mode change app and assign those buttons to the appropriate mode you want them to control. There is a switch in this child app to keep the alarm mode in sync so make sure that is setup and then you probably should assign a exit delay value.

Again if thay doesn’t work I need the live logging to see what is failing

(Mavrrick) #48

What version of Smart Home Monitor are you using. Did you install it from the Smartthings Classic App or the new Smartthings (Samsung Connect) App. The apps have different versions of Smart Home Monitor that they will load. This is an important distinction as one doesn’t use the Smartthings location value. If you are using the app loaded from the new app. That is the problem

The ADT Tools Smartapp manipulates the location alarm state in the Smartthings Cloud. A side effect of that is that the status of the SHM is updated. The synchronization is also one way from the ADT Panel to the location state. If you do activity in SHM and change it’s state it will not replicate back to the ADT Panel.