[OBSOLETE] ADT Tools 2 for Smartthings ADT alarm sytsems

i did the update but i cant get it to create the buttons now

@The_Master you may want to think about alternatives to using the classic app. Per Smartthings published information at https://support.smartthings.com/hc/en-us/articles/360046899371-Platform-Transition-FAQ the classic app will be fully disabled in October.

@The_Master. I was looking through the code to understand why you can’t recreate the buttons and i think i identified why. Simply put the validation step used to prevent the buttons from being built multiple times wasn’t reseting once you turned the switch off. I just pusblished a code update that will do that update when you turn the switch to create the buttons back on. That should fix your issue with getting the buttons back.

With that said though we must keep in mind that we need to make sure the buttons are not built already when we flip that switch to create them. there is a problem automating the removeal of the buttons because it will fail if they are used somewhere else like Action Tiles, Alex or Google. In my case Alexa was automatically adding them so the removal step kept failing in testing. I commented out the removal step in the code so it won’t fail when turned off.

So about 4 hours ago a new update went out for Smartthings. Now when i go look at Smartapps it shows SmartThings Home Monitor is installed but says “The Smartapp Isn’t Supported”. So they are certainly pressing it to not be functional with the ADT Panel. Atleast with JCZIPPY’s help ADT Tools is fully functioning again.

2 Likes

I was hopeful that the STHM would work fully with the ADT Side eventually but thankful we have your ADT Tools app to rely on and all the people have contributed to keep things working. I just wish Smartthings would enable the ability to trigger when the alarm changes state for the ADT Side and not just for the STHM. i.e. just like the Smartthings Classic app did.

Thanks

1 Like

So… ADT Tools 2 is working for you? I changed the script to allow arming/disarming but still not completely functional.

Can you explain further what problem you are seeing?

Arming/Disarming buttons stopped working so I changed the script based on JCZippy’s post “armAway(true)” to get the alarm to arm again. I still do not get any notifications for alarm status changes.

Seems ADT/ST panel and SHM lost sync … I have SharpTools dash board with tiles that switch on/off SHM, usually I can Arm/Disarm ADT Panel with those …(via SHM sync with ADT/ST Panel via ADT Tools sync). No more… Tiles keep working because changes SHM Status, But ADT/ST Panel do nothing … may be we have to think forget about SHM and go trough new STHM, via virtual button inside ADT Tools that Switches ADT/Panel, then change modes via automates in New App…

1 Like

Im still using virtual buttons by ADT Tools to trigger Arm/Disarm ADT/ST Panel, but had to handle STHM by Location Change Mode automation in New App and SHM and Location modes by rules in Sharp Tools, Im keeping sync Classic App/New App/ADT Panel, making an around of ADT Tools sync (seems it lost sync ADT/ST - SHM), hoping when Classic App will shutdown, ADT Tools Virtual Buttons could still Arm/Disarm the ADT/ST panel.

Notifications are seperate from the virtual buttons. Is the issue with mode changes or Notifications

havent had power since the huricane but will try it when i get power. i was haveing intermident arming from core but i never could tell why it could not be duplicaed…

Smarthings/ADT Tools 2 just stopped sending me notifications for alarm state changes.

Do we know why just the disarm button is the only one that works. What makes it unique?

I think all buttons are working again if you update to the latest version of ADT Tools.

What version are you running and is this confirmed with others? It looks like the last update was January 2019 and my buttons (with the exception of disarm) recently stopped working as have others based on this thread: https://github.com/Mavrrick/lock-manager

I was mainly wondering why the disarm one still works.

The required parameters changed for the arming commands (there were no parameters for disarm). I tested the changes separately to see they worked and it looks like the main repo for ADT Tools 2 was updated 11 days ago (which should include those updates), but I am not currently running the latest (I wasn’t using the arm buttons). If you’re referencing issues the lock-manager you linked vs ADT Tools 2, then I’m not familiar with that one.

Thanks! i didnt realize i was looking at the lock manager i thought i was looking at the ADT Tools 2. That makes sense

Couple weeks ago, some change in SHM function affects it, @Mavrrick58 has updated the Smart App code, so, delete current virtual buttons, update the Smart App ADT Tools code, republish the App and recreate buttons, all has to be fixed.

As off today Sep/8/2020 Only only disarm virtual button working, I cannot Arm-Stay or Arm-Away from the respective virtual button, any idea how to fix it?