[OBSOLETE] ADT Tools 2 for Smartthings ADT alarm sytsems

You would need to configure an ADT Alert Action in ADT tools that runs as a unmonitored alert with Non ADT Sensors. Then when the Motion sensor is triggered while the in the mode configured it would trigger the additional siren configured in the Alert Action.

This is a unmonitored thing though. And if you dont have an additional siren could be very ineffective. Natively in the ADT Alarm system it is by design that the motion sensors are not active in Armed/stay. After all you wouldnt want to set off an alarm walking to the kitchen because of a motion sensor.

Hope that helped.

Not sure if this is the right thread?

Did ADT Tools 2 stop working in the new Smartthings App update 2020/02??

I can no longer install ADT Tools successfully and even though it creates the buttons they don’t work and now i cant even delete the Smart app?

Thank You

What do you mean by quit working? Are you getting an error? What are you seeing?

Did you turn the switch to create the virtual buttons off after ADT Tools installed? That can create issues if it isn’t done.

I have a potential cause in mind. Keep an eye out for a update later today to addresss it. I think it may be related to integration compents for a notification functionality i added recently.

1 Like

Thank you Mavrrick85, let me try after your update again.

Since the classic app changes i had to move to the new app. Also i had to buy a new ADT hub as my old one got stuck after a reset and got the “Claim Code Unavailable”

I started from scratch now and tried setting up ADT Tools 2 with the latest app. I get the three buttons created but they don’t do anything when pressed (Although they register in the IDE website)
I also constantly get the “Network error” when trying to setup anything further and saving it.

Hope this makes sense?

Is the ADT alarm even supported in the new app?
I can control it fully in the classic app, but get absolutely no alarm control in the new app.

I only use the new app now. I have maybe two devices that have minor issues, but the alarm works fine. You should still get the alarm management on your dashboard.

I Just installed the Classic App again to try and add ADT Tools 2 there but same problem. Cant save anything? Cant add the buttons? Just state a network error has occurred?

So am a little bit at a loss at the moment as to why you are having problems. The item i thought may have been causing the problem doesn’t appear to be related. Completely reinstalled my ADT Tools install without the pushover Manager and nothing configured and i was able to go through all of the install steps with no problem.

To me this looks like you are having a issue with something else in the install like the switch for the button creation not being turned off after initially turning it on. My suggestion would be to check that. If that is turned off then on a computer go into the IDE, open up the live logging page in a browser, and recreate the error message. Hopefully something is logged when the error occurs. Though sometimes that doesn’t exactly happen with the new app. I would also ask that you check and make sure all 4 of the programs are download and in your IDE with only the ADT Tools main app published.

I think normally when you get the network error with the new app it is related to something missing that it is looking for. Like a program not present or something the program is referencing. It can also be a UI issue or code issue, but the fact i got through all of the install fine seems to indicate that isn’t likely the case. I probably reinstalled the app 3 times today, setup multiple child apps for alerts and such, and did it with both the Pushover manager installed and removed from my location.

Please let me know what the results are. It really stinks when I can’t reproduce the problem.

Another possiblity would be to open up the IDE, Click on locations across the top, then click on “smartapps” on the right side under the “Installed Smartapp” column. Then scroll down and click on ADT Tools 2. After that take a screen shot of everything that is configured and send it to me in a private message. That will tell me how the app is currently configured.

The thing is i cant configure anything? It wont save? Just give me a network or server error occurred. Try again later?

The thing is ADT Tools did install or you couldn’t set it to create the buttons option you stated above. You are not providing me anything to help you other then saying it is broken.

If i can uninstall and reinstall it over and over then there is something you have likely done that i am not repeating. I need the information i have asked for to get closer to a solution for you.

Everything I can tell points to the app working fine. If you can provide me the details i asked for in my last post maybe i can see something in what is in your setup right now.

Hi Mavrrick, I sent you a PM with the screenshot you requested.

I just published a new update to ADT Tools about this issue. This update is completely optional, and only adds logic to prevent ADT Tools from trying to create the virtual buttons again after the initial creation when the flag is set. Because of what is used to maintain this value it if you really need it you may need to do a complete reinstall of ADT Tools to fully enable the new feature.

Thank you Mavrrick!! All working 100% after restarting from fresh and using the updated repo!

I just had a interesting find this morning. I am curious if anyone else can validate what i am experiencing.

Simply put it looks as though STHM or the new security app in the new app is integrated with the ADT Alarm system side. Simply put when i change STHM’s mode the Alarm panel is changing as well. I have reviewed some logging to see if this is in someway related to ADT Tools and i can’t seen anything that would indicated it is.

With this being the case and the recent talks about the legacy SHM in the classic app no longer being installable for anyone this integration stuff likely needs a closer look.

It still appears to be oneway and not from the ADT Side of the house, but it is something.

I’m seeing the same behavior with STHM in the new app, and this is new behavior.

As I mentioned above, the new app has never given me ADT controls. I had previously played with STHM but it never once controlled the ADT alarm side. After seeing your post I re-installed and armed STHM and my ADT panel armed as well.

How did you install STHM? I dont even have it in the new app anymore?

Hi Mavrrick58. I have using ADT Tools2 and works great, in tests external siren triggers within ADT/ST alarm, as we spoke before, external Aeotec siren still keeps the 30 seconds delay of the hub for “Entrance” door sensor, but I created a SmartLight routine to trigger Aeotec siren immediately if the “Entrance” door is opened when Alarm Away or Alarm Away modes are on, thats fine. Also garage and yard lights flashes when alarm tirggers. I have checked ADTTools2 created 3 buttons in the app as devices, ADT Tools Armed Away, ADT Tools Armed Stay, ADT Tools Disarm, when I push any of these buttons to test them nothing happens, 3 buttons always are off… what are they for? Or what are their functionallity?
In the app explanation I understood that they are to handle alarm state? may be I am lost.
Thanks in advance

The buttons created by the app are to help users not have to go into the ide to manually create the buttona for mode changing part of the app. Once the button are created you still need to associate them them in ADT tools mode change settings to a mode to activate. From the main screen click on the option for ADT Mode Change Integration and then associate them to the action.

The device handler automatically turns then off after they have been activated.

For me STHM just showed up again in the avaliable apps.