SmartThings Community

[Released] ADT Tools 2 for Smartthings ADT alarm sytsems

smartapp_security
project_security
adt
(Mavrrick) #264

Did you complete the optional step to install SHM and then remove it prior to the install of ADT Tools?

0 Likes

No I did not, and I do not see SMT as an available Smart App to install. How do I go about finding it and installing? Must I uninstall ADT Tools 2 first?

Thanks!!

0 Likes

(Mavrrick) #266

Uninstalling ADT Tools won’t help. Smart Home monitor is removed from the list of apps once you add the ADT Smartthings Panel to the location. You will need to follow steps to effectively trick Smartthings into letting you install it before the ADT Hub is on the location.

I believe the steps are to 1. Create new location in smartthings. 2. Install Smart Home Monitor from the list of apps. 3. Move all of your devices from one location to the other including the hub.

0 Likes

(Garrett) #267

Is there a way to create virtual buttons for panic events on the ADT panel? I have the Mode Virtual buttons up and working already, but don’t see anything about the 3 panic buttons on the ADT panel.

0 Likes

(Mavrrick) #268

There is no way to send a panic alert to the ADT Side from Smartthings. You will either need to do it at the panel or with the ADT Smartthings keyfob.

0 Likes