[OBSOLETE] ADT Tools 2 for Smartthings ADT alarm sytsems

OK thanks Mavrrick58! I think that’s what I was doing wrong, trying it with the new app. It appears to be functioning fine in the old one.

After quick search I found the device handler for the Glass Break Sensor. It appears that it shows up as a contact sensor. So you should see it in the same section

I just posted a update to the ADT Alert Action child app. It isn’t a required update, but adds what i would suspect could be useful to allot of folks. Simply put it removes the requirement for the Smart Home Monitor setup for Non Dual branded sensors. The result is that you can setup alert actions with generic sensors for Door/window or Motion and they will now use the Alarm panel if status to decide if they are going to trigger.

This is good for those that don’t need integration through the SHM status with other stuff and already have dual branded sensors on their entry/Exit points. That extra integration requirement was just complicating things.

I am going to start to back away from all of the SHM integration because at some point that will fully break when the Groovy platform is retired. I will not break what is already there though so keep on enjoying while it lasts.

Bear with me on this please, I’m two weeks new to this system and came from Iris like many others. I’d like to thank Mavrrick58 for all of his hard work and everyone else for their posts, this is quite an informative thread.
For the past few days I’ve been reading through here trying to see what mistake(s) I’ve made with this install. I’ve got the ADT Tools Button device hander installed along with the Smart Apps ADT Tools 2, ADT Home-Life Alert Action, and ADT Alert Action. Everything seemed to install fine, but I am unable to get the virtual buttons to arm or disarm the alarm in an automation or scene. All of my parameters have been input but when I try to save I get an “deviceNetworkId must be unique” error at the top of the screen. Any ideas? perhaps this is why the virtual buttons aren’t working but I have no idea what it may be referring to.
Any help or advice anyone can give would be greatly appreciate.

Check the flag optional setting to create the virtual buttons. If it ia turned on, turn it off and save the app. Once the buttons are created it should be turned off. Then go back into it and make sure you have the buttons associated with the modea they will be used for.

2 Likes

Boom! That absolutely fixed it! Thank you very much Sir!

Mavrrick,
I tried to install your lock manager fork, but notice I could not arm SHM without entering a 4 digit code.
Do you know if this is by design or I missed something ?
I ended going back to SHM delay but do not like the whole virtual contact and delay profiles etc.

Straight up question can I simulate the old IRIS behaviors where I pressed “partial” and it simulates ARMED STAY, click “on” and gets ARMED AWAY then press 4 digit code and it disarms SHM and ADT.
I also want when I press ARM from ADT it arms SHM and lights up keypads.
You mentioned I can avoid SHM but have yet to see that option.

The fork I updated simply has additions to enable direct interaction with the ADT Panel. I would suggest you use that instead of the SHM integration. As i understand it once you use that integration it will interact as you expect.

When setting up the Keypad there should be options to use the device with SHM. Below that there should be an option to use it as a ADT device. Turn off the SHM switch and turn on the ADT one.

The Iris Keypad V2 sends pin 0000 when the ON or Partial keys are pressed without a pin. Adding pin 0000 allows for Instant Arming, however it’s a good idea to ignore pin 0000 when used with the Off key.

I attempted to add a Home/Life Alert for my CO Detectors but they are not options as sensors, only the Smoke Detectors are. Am I in the wrong place or were they left out?

Anyone seeing issues with push notifications of alarmed state changes? I have everything setup and working that I’m looking for, and sms/text notifications work fine for state changes, but not seeing anything for push notifications. Didn’t know if I missed anything for setup on that.

ok I missed the part of turning it off. .but I did not have the v2 driver installed i had v1 now working. You need a setup page on this. Do you have a website?

I found answers to most of my setup questions in the wiki Mavrrick58 posted: https://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=ADT_tools_2

I seem to remember this being brought up, and i thought I corrected it. I don’t think it should be to hard to add, i am just a little surprised it isn’t there. Give me a little time today and hopefully i will publish a new instance of the Home/Alert app to correct this miss.

Did this just start to happen. Every time i have had push notifications enabled it has worked in the past, but i don’t have them turned on currently. I will test shortly to see if it is a problem.

As jczippy pointed out i try to have everything documented on thingsthataresmart.com. I wouldn’t doubt there are some gaps so if you feel there is something important missing let me know and i will get it added. I try to help support questions here though, which is why you may find solutions to particular problems here.

Alright. I’m new to SmartApps and DTHs so I have to ask; if I copy the updated code into the DTH will it erase all of my current automations? If yes, is there a way to add the update without deleting my automations?

Thanks for looking into it. I was just trying to enable them for the first time last night and couldn’t get it to work at all, so not something I have been using to know if/when it broke, or if it is just me. I am receiving other push notifications with the app, so it is specific to these alerts. Appreciate any help you can provide. Thanks!

This is largely dependent on how big of a change there is to an app or DTH. In most cases the changes wouldn’t be so significant that you would have any issues. You would just download the new code and it would just work. You may not have some options turned on if you don’t go back into them, but they could very possibly still work.

With that said I have added what i believe will take care of your request for the Carbon monoxide detector. Please test it and let me know so we know as i don’t have a one of these to test with. So i updated the code of the smartapp based on documentation.

Do you exclusively use the new app?

The reason i ask is because i run both on my phone. When I triggered my test with a ADT Water Leak sensor my phone did blow up with notifications, but only the classic app got the custom text for the push notification. I am wondering if the push notifications are not workinging the new app.

@jczippy

It appears that push notifications are not working with the new app. I did confirm they are working for the old app, so if you are still using smartthings Classic let me know. The new app is sending a notification though regardless of how ADT Tools app is setup. This needs to be confirmed for non ADT Sensors though. So I think you would still be getting notifications, just not the ones setup in ADT Tools. Let me know if that seems to line up with what you are seeing.

While i have been looking at the new platform I haven’t seen a option for push notifications. This may be a sign of significant changes for messages from the new platform.

I am going to open a ticket with developer support for an official answer.

The best answer i can give for now is just to use SMS/text messages since that takes it out of the smartthings app, or use the classic app. Notifications is a point of concern for me right now with the new app as i don’t see anything documented as a way to provide that from the smartthings platform. I have a way around it right now, but it isn’t the prettiest solution.

You can also setup a custom notification in the new app on each of the devices you want notification on. It may not be as clean as keeping it in ADT Tools, but that would be a way to get notifications for Home/Life stuff in the new app. We need to remember that the new rule engine is very powerful so we may want to look at ways to use it.

Just checked and CO Detectors are now an option. Thanks for such a quick response.