[OBSOLETE] Zooz Smart Chime

Great stuff Kevin!

Could you also make the same changes to the Dome DH please when you get some time.

Many Thanks!

The Dome handler implements the music player capability instead of switch level so that change doesn’t apply.

1 Like

Thanks! Excuse my ignorance :grinning:

Hi Kevin,
I have read through the thread and may be missing something. I have set up a Zooz smart chime configured with a Ring Pro as a doorbell. Device handler installed and all works as it should. I push the doorbell button and the Zooz chimes. I can change the chime using the Zooz app.
I would like to have the Zooz siren sound when my ST moisture detector is activated. I have tried to use the Home Monitor app and configured using both “alert by siren” and “alert by lights” connected to the Zooz but am unable to get the Zooz to chime/beep/siren. It seems the Zooz will only respond to one SmartApp (the Ring doorbell).
Am I missing something in my setup…?
Thanks

Select it as a Switch/Light and specify the sound to play by setting the dimming level. (10% = sound 1, 20% = sound 2, etc.)

If you find that it’s playing the wrong sound, change the Switch On Sound in the settings to 0.

I am unable to select the moisture detector using the Switch/Light option. All other sensors are available but not the moisture detector. I can only find that sensor in the Home Monitor app.

I’m assuming you’re setting this up in the “Leaks” section of Smart Home Monitor so you need to select your Water Sensor from the Water Sensors list and then choose the “Alert with Lights” option.

Use the “Select Lights” field to select the Smart Chime and select the sound # you want to play from the “Light Level” field. There are 10 sounds so 10% will play sound 1, 20% will play sound 2, etc.

If you’re trying to make it turn the siren on and not play a chime when there’s a leak, ignore what I said above and use the “Alert with Sirens” option and select the Smart Chime from the “Select Sirens” field.

You are correct. The SHM has an option to select a single sensor or All Moisture Sensors. I have tried both settings. I have also tried the siren configuration and lights configuration and could not get either to sound an alarm. I must be missing something simple. When I access the Zooz app, all sounds function. The unit does work for the doorbell but I can’t get a second device to initiate the chime/siren. I really only wanted the chime so I’m happy, just wish I could configure a second device to ring my chime. Thanks for your replies!

I think you’re right, but if you post some screenshots of how you have it setup I Smart Home Monitor I should be able to help.

You said that it works as a doorbell so how did you set that up?

Hi Kevin,

I first installed the Ring Pro. I had also downloaded and installed the device handler raw code file for Zooz to the SmartThings IDE so that was ready to go. The install of the Zooz device was easy on ST. I initially wanted just the chime so I used the device as a “light” and added the Smart Lighting app. The Zooz is activated by the button push on the Ring Pro. I tried to activate the siren mode activated by the Home Monitor Leak after the Ring Pro & Chime were operational. I currently have the Home Monitor leak set to send me a text when activated by the moisture sensor.

The Zooz settings I have are:
Name = Zooz Smart Chime
Siren Sound [1-10] = 9
Siren Volume = 3
Siren Length = 1
Siren LED = 1
Switch On Chime Sound [1-10] = 5
Beep Chime [1-10] = 5
Chime Volume = 3
Chime Repeat = 1
Chime LED= 0
Checkin Interval = 12 hours default

Kevin,

I just noticed I’m using Notify Me app for the moisture detector. I’m going to dismiss that app and use the Home Monitor app and try to set that for both text notifications and the siren or chime.

Greg

That explains why it wasn’t working…

So when i connect the siren, it shows up as a switch. I can switch it on and off and it will siren… When i add the device handler, then change the device… it shows me all of the options besides current battery percentage, but none of the sounds work. The only way i get the siren to respond is when its set to a basic switch to siren on and off. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Colin, if you send screenshots of how the device displays in the app to our support team, they’ll be able to guide you through the set-up process: https://www.thesmartesthouse.com/pages/contact-us

It’s usually easier to have the device handler installed before adding the device, but if you change the type afterwards you have to open the device’s settings through the mobile app and tap Done to ensure that the configuration code is executed.

hey guys, was wondering if you can help me install this device. It’s strange, i’ve installed some pretty difficult devices (almond button, wave extenders, etc), but for some reason when I try to add this device, it’s not showing up at all. I added the code above and published it. I did the zwave exclude for 15 seconds. But still it’s not showing up when i click on add devices on ios app…

thanks!

If you remove the batteries, tap add devices, and then put the batteries back in it should find it automatically, but if it doesn’t press the zwave button on the device 3 times quickly.

thank you very much for your reply. So i actually never put in batteries, and just relied on plugging it in the wall. After disconnecting the power from the wall, and adding batteries, it synced up right away with smartthings. Weird, but it works! thanks!

What’s the model number? I’m unaware of any models that have the ability to be plugged into the wall…

this is the one i bought: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01AKHW8QG/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1