[RELEASE] Zooz S2 Multisiren (ZSE19)

@krlaframboise Hello! Got one of these recently and I think I have the hang of it. Only thing I am still trying to figure out is the switch action of it. In the new ST app using automations this device does not present as a switch option. When selecting this siren to be controlled through an automation it only shows the alarm as an option. Where might I find the switch functionality?

Lastly in webcore you mentioned the sounds go in multiples of 10. In my testing so far though using Play Track function in webcore it corresponds to the standard values, did this change at some point?

I was referring to using it as a switch in an app like Smart Lighting…

I think I was also referring to Smart Lighting being multiples of 10, I think WebCoRE lets you enter anything you want for a level, but there’s no need to use it like a switch in WebCoRE because once the device is selected you should see the command speak and you can use that to specify the sound # to play.

My handler won’t work with the Automations feature in the new app until they’ve added support for custom capabilities, but you can still use Speaker Companion in both mobile apps if you want to stick with a built-in app instead of using WebCoRE. Instructions are about 3 posts above yours…

1 Like

NEW MOBILE APP NOW SUPPORTED!

I just posted a new version of the DTH that should be fully supported with the Automations feature in the new mobile app.

Please ignore all the posts above that mention Speaker Companion being a requirement or provide modifications you can make to the code as a workaround.

If you’re using it as a Dimmer to play the chimes and don’t want the music related stuff displayed then you can delete the lines below which are near the top of the DTH. If you make those changes to the DTH already assigned to the device then it could take up to 12 hours to see the change:

capability "Audio Notification"
		capability "Music Player"
		capability "Speech Synthesis"

Instructions for playing chimes in the new mobile app

1. Open the device’s settings in the mobile app and change the “Switch On Action” setting to “Do Nothing”.

2. Go into Automations and create a new one.

3. Configure the “If” section that will trigger the chime to play.

4. Select the device from the “Then” > “Control Devices” section and tap next.

5. If the “Dimmer” option is disabled then change “off” to “on”.

6. Tap Dimmer and specify a number between 1-10 which will be the sound # that plays when this automation is triggered.

2 Likes

Updated mine, waited 16+ hours. In automations during step 4, I can select the siren but the subsequent options are just alarm off/siren and strobe, and delay action. There is no dimmer option showing, did I screw it up somehow?

Try this:

1. Close the new mobile app.

2. Take a copy of the handler, change the name, use it to create a new device handler, save, and publish.

3. Open the device in the IDE and change its Type field to the new handler you just created.

4. Open the device’s details screen in the new mobile app

5. Create a new automation and see if that’s now an option when you select the device.

That worked, right away I was able to tell the difference because in the app on the device itself there was now a music player interface.

So should I revert back to the first handler? I’d like to remain linked to your repo if possible, otherwise I can cruise on this copied handler. I guess I can delete the first one, rename the copy back to your original and remain linked that way.

At some point you’ll be able to…

You can try changing it back to the original handler and if you lose the dimmer then change it back to the new one you created and try again in a couple of days.

I ended up deleting the original handler, renaming the copy back to your original name, and then updating from your repo. Siren still has the new features so I think we are all set. Thanks!

1 Like

Zooz S2 Multisiren v1.6 - POSSIBLE BREAKING CHANGES

I just released a new version with a custom UI for the new mobile app that hides all the junk that doesn’t apply to this device.

It might break existing Automations where “Then” is using the device like a switch, but it shouldn’t cause any issues with the other built-in apps because that functionality wasn’t removed from the handler.

This is how you can use the device in the new mobile app going forward:

Siren and Strobe: Turns on Siren/Strobe

Off: Turns off Siren/Strobe and Chime

Level/Brightness/Dimmer:

• 0% - Turns off Siren/Strobe and Chime.
  • 1-37 - Plays that Chime Number
  • 38-100 - Ignored

This is my first attempt at using a custom presentation for the new mobile app so it’s possible this change won’t actually do anything, but it will most likely also have the same caching issue as last time so it will be difficult to know.

If the device doesn’t look like the screenshots below after updating the handler, create a new handler with a different name and assign that to the device by opening it in the IDE and changing its Type field to the new name.

If it still doesn’t look like below after doing that then please let me know.

Details View:

Automation > If:

Automation > Then:

1 Like

Should I remove and re-add the device if my interface does not match your screenshots?

Users that haven’t opened the new mobile app in a while will probably see the new UI immediately, but if you don’t then performing the steps below should make it display the new UI and you won’t have to remove the device and join it again.

1. Go into the IDE

2. Create a new device handler with the latest version of the code, but before saving and publishing it, change the name on line that looks like name: “Zooz S2 Multisiren”, to something else so that you can tell it apart from the original.

3. After saving and publishing the new handler, open the device in the IDE, and change the “Type” field to it.

4. If the new handler fixed the problem then you can leave it with that handler permanently or try switching it back to the original every couple of days because eventually it will show the new UI.

1 Like

Renaming it did the trick. Thanks!