[OBSOLETE] Zooz S2 Multisiren (ZSE19)

krlaframboise

Kevin

Community Master

April 30

Hound_Dog:
I now have the options in speaker companion but no sound. Lol

What are you entering for the custim message? You should also open live logging in the IDE before testing because that might show why it’s not working.

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

In Reply To

Hound_Dog

Daniel Teets

April 30

I now have the options in speaker companion but no sound. Lol :man_facepalming:

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

Are there any devices that will perform functions like playing a sound for gate entrance, door entrance, window opening, when they are not set to alarm? Will Alexa do this? I am hoping this zooz siren/speaker will work but open to other options also.

Alexa Routines can do it

1 Like

Which device do you guys recommend?

Those are events, I need to see the live logging results.

It also looks like you might be using the wrong option in speaker companion. You need to use the one that allows you to choose “custom message” and enter the sound # as the message.

Just got it working. I have a few questions if you don’t mind me asking non-related.

1. Are there Smart Apps that give you more programming options? Is the default home security one the best? Looking for more options on dividing the functionality between armed stay and armed away.

2. I have a Zooz outdoor sensor. Soon to get 3 more at least. Bouncing ideas around in my head on battery or power. Power requires more cat cable to run power to it through my attic. Batteries seem like a pain in the arse. Does this motion detector act as a repeater? Considering some cheap Walmart usb battery packs and run them that route. Easy to swap out. No battery replacement.

Maybe you could offer your recommendations or experience.

Search for WebCoRE, it’s a powerful rule build that supports complex logic and will allow you to do practically anything you can imagine. If you select the siren as an action you can use the speak or playText command to specify the chime #.

The Zooz Outdoor Motion Sensor comes with a battery pack you can keep plugged in with a USB cable, but the device can’t tell the difference between the battery pack and actual batteries so it won’t act as a repeater.

If you want a motion sensor that can run on batteries or USB and can act as a repeater then you should look at the Zooz Motion Sensor ZSE18.

Thank you. I didn’t think past how the battery solution worked in the sensor I have. I think I may run those cheap external battery packs on these sensors. They don’t take long to change or charge. Especially if I keep the sensors low in some areas of the yard. Driving me crazy thinking how I will run this stuff without actually having moved in yet. I use them on my old Flir thermal optics I used for night hunting. They last days on high draw electronics.

Also, to adjust speaker volume I take I do that within the code of your handler. If so what string do I alter? After changing do I uninstall and add the device again?

You should be able to open the device’s settings screen in the mobile app to change the volume.

I’ll quit bothering you this evening. You have been awesome and I sincerely appreciate your help.

Hey Kevin. I’m noticing that even though I have temp/humidity reporting set to every hour, they aren’t being updated unless I manually go into the device and force a refresh. The hub is pinging the siren every 95 minutes, but it never updates the temperature or humidity. Any ideas?

The device automatically sends reports at the specified reporting interval so the handler doesn’t request them and the ping is unrelated to the reporting.

If the reporting interval is set to 60 minutes then the device should sends those reports every hour which prevents ST from executing that ping command.

The only time ST would execute ping is if it failed to report 3 times with a 5 minute buffer which in your case should have been happening every 185 minutes. It pinging every 95 minutes was a bug so I just released a new version to fix that.

When you go to install the new version, remove “//” from the log.trace line at the very bottom of the code.

After updating the handler, open live logging, open the device in the classic mobile app and click configure, wait for live logging to finish, and then post the results.

That won’t solve you’re problem, but it might help me see what’s going on.

555126b6-8772-43f4-a6b6-2ad7c36616ee 4:22:38 AM: debug Temperature/Humidity Reporting Interval(#2) = 60

555126b6-8772-43f4-a6b6-2ad7c36616ee 4:22:38 AM: trace ConfigurationReport: ConfigurationReport(parameterNumber: 2, scaledConfigurationValue: 60, reserved11: 0, size: 2, configurationValue: [0, 60])

555126b6-8772-43f4-a6b6-2ad7c36616ee 4:22:38 AM: debug Alarm Duration(#1) = 180

555126b6-8772-43f4-a6b6-2ad7c36616ee 4:22:38 AM: trace ConfigurationReport: ConfigurationReport(parameterNumber: 1, scaledConfigurationValue: 180, reserved11: 0, size: 2, configurationValue: [0, 180])

555126b6-8772-43f4-a6b6-2ad7c36616ee 4:22:34 AM: debug CHANGING Temperature/Humidity Reporting Interval(#2) from 60 to 60

555126b6-8772-43f4-a6b6-2ad7c36616ee 4:22:34 AM: debug CHANGING Alarm Duration(#1) from 180 to 180

555126b6-8772-43f4-a6b6-2ad7c36616ee 4:22:34 AM: debug CHANGING Volume to 100%

The reporting interval is set to 60 minutes so it should be working.

I think the group 1 association wasn’t added during inclusuon which is prevting it from sending unsolicited reports.

Removing the device and joining it again should fix the problem. I’ll post a new version tonight that adds the association when the configure command is executed and that should also fix it without needing to remove and join it again.

1 Like

Upgrading to the version I just posted and saving the settings screen should solve the problem.

Please let me know if that works or if you had already solved it by re-joining the device.

I rejoined it and it corrected the issue. Thanks a lot.

1 Like

@krlaframboise
I apologize if this has been asked 50 times before. I have the ZSE19. I am trying to figure out how to make i say the pre-recorded sound “6” repeatedly for 30 seconds before the siren kicks in. I am using the custom device handler you wrote (Thanks). (Changlog 5/24/20) I am using the new Smart things app with the new STHM. Is this possible with this siren?

You can play sounds by number using the built-in Speaker Companion SmartApp, but you need to use the “Play a Notification” option, choose “Custom Message”, and enter the sound number as the message.

If you want the chime to only play for 30 seconds then you’d need to set the device’s repeat setting based on the length of your sound.

I think you can use the smart home monitor feature in the new mobile app to delay the siren from turning on, but if not then you should look into the community SmartApp WebCoRE.

1 Like

edit: never mind, it’s fixed